Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Husker Board discussing NDSU after the loss to NIU

Default Re: Husker Board discussing NDSU after the loss to NIU

The fact they are talking about NDSU is interesting. Obviously they are wishing they had a team like NDSU.

everyone wishes they could win, Huskers are a hot mess right now
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    The fact they are talking about NDSU is interesting. Obviously they are wishing they had a team like NDSU.
    That was what I was thinking when I posted it... that we are in the discussion is pretty telling. They would never have this thread about any other FCS team.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Pull the fucking blinders off. Appreciate where we are at our level. I stress level. Beat big ten teams week after week? Jesus
    Yes with 23 extra players and better depth.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies. Could we beat lower level B1G teams regularly, even right now? You bet your ass we could, year in year out. Biggest issue is how our depth would hold up if we had a bunch of those games which would be hard if only 63 scholies, but very possible with 85. So, folks who dream of FBS, come back to reality as there is no point outside a P5 league and we'll never get that invite, ever. And to those who don't appreciate just how high the level these guys play, I'd sure have thought the piss pounding of Colorado St and Iowa St, not to mention the beating of excellent Iowa and K St. teams would help you realize they can regularly compete with many P5 schools. (I know Colorado st is not p5, but we did pound them like a P5 school would) As always, the truth is in between.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies.
    I dunno... depends on what you mean by "a top team." In the top half? I suspect there are many arguments that could be made to support that idea. (Even looking at Sagarin and Massey over the last five years I believe puts us in the top half of the B1G.)

Would we be expected to be a top 1 or 2 team in the B1G? Probably not. But considering that the Bison have been ranked by computer models over the past 6 years as between a top 15-ish to top 60-ish team in all of college football, even with 22 fewer schollies and an FCS label, I wouldn't be surprised if we could consistently be a top-25 team at the FBS level. That would likely put us generally among the top 3 teams or so in the B1G.

I think we could be every bit as successful as Iowa. We recruit a lot of the same people. Neither is an attractive place to anyone who would go to the SEC but who cares?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I dunno... depends on what you mean by "a top team." In the top half? I suspect there are many arguments that could be made to support that idea. (Even looking at Sagarin and Massey over the last five years I believe puts us in the top half of the B1G.)

Would we be expected to be a top 1 or 2 team in the B1G? Probably not. But considering that the Bison have been ranked by computer models over the past 6 years as between a top 15-ish to top 60-ish team in all of college football, even with 22 fewer schollies and an FCS label, I wouldn't be surprised if we could consistently be a top-25 team at the FBS level. That would likely put us generally among the top 3 teams or so in the B1G.
    I meant regularly competing for the title. Invite will never happen anyway..... In general, pretty sure we are on the same page.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Funny how some on there think there is no way we would have beaten them last year but they lost to Iowa bad... who we beat.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Another caller just brought up NDSU in AM590 put of Lincoln. We are so big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Well if you quit calling in......
    The second one was Mike from Sioux Falls.