Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U Mary

Default Re: U Mary

Pandora's box, don't open it!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Club hockey....
    Yeah, this a non-story. NDSU has a team in the same organization (AHCA) and won three DI National Championships in the 90s. The team is now DII.

Jamestown recently started a team. Minot State has one, so does UM-Crookston and SDSU. Heck, just about every major university/colleges in the United States, especial those that don't field a NCAA team, has a AHCA team. It's just that nobody outside the few within of the super, die-hard hockey fanbase really cares.

The only time this should be story is when one of the AHCA teams joins the NCAA, much like Penn State and Arizona State have done recently.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Do they even have a thing called D1 hockey in the NCAA?
    It is just called the "Highest" level....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It is just called the "Highest" level....
    If you want to piss off die-hard college hockey fans, just remind them that the "highest" level is actually the AHL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ckey_structure
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If you want to piss off die-hard college hockey fans, just remind them that the "highest" level is actually the AHL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ckey_structure
    Yes, that will do it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Club hockey....
    Well they sure make it sound differently to some that don't know better, I have no idea the structure and seen DI ACHA figured it was NCAA...now it makes way more sense
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

That sure is a lot of bullshit to announce a club hockey team.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That sure is a lot of bullshit to announce a club hockey team.
    me thinks they wanted it that way to try rouse support, ill bet there are just as many dumbasses as me running around Bis right now proclaiming Umary a DI team...lol

I would have never known unless Tony didnt point that out. Good thing I havent told anyone yet....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    me thinks they wanted it that way to try rouse support, ill bet there are just as many dumbasses as me running around Bis right now proclaiming Umary a DI team...lol

I would have never known unless Tony didnt point that out. Good thing I havent told anyone yet....
    I almost fell for it also.

Hail Tony!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Well they sure make it sound differently to some that don't know better, I have no idea the structure and seen DI ACHA figured it was NCAA...now it makes way more sense
    A DI ACHA team is about a notch lower than a DIII NCAA team. Little to no school funding and no athletic scholarships. However, the number of ACHA teams to compete against is far greater than the NCAA can offer.
    Hail the BISON!!!