Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remarkable comments by Ryan Burns on recruiting versus the MAC

Default Re: Remarkable comments by Ryan Burns on recruiting versus the MAC

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Boise State and New Mexico on ESPN right now. Good game.
    It was a pretty good game. Lobos play ugly football (IMO) and the smurfturf is ridiculous but imagine NDSU getting that kind of Thursday prime-time attention on ESPN. Pretty nice stadium too ..

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if we were in the MAC.

NDSU would play in 1 Tuesday or Thursday night game a year and that's it so stop with that excuse

NDSU would be top 2 in MAC from the start

but MOUNTAIN WEST IS FOR THE BEST .. Land Grant Peer institutions !!!
    NIU plays 4 games on a Wednesday and Thursday this year plus 1 game on a Friday night. Talk about a horrible tailgating experience. They get 1 Saturday home game

And yes I agree we would be a top MAC team

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These comments are not that surprising to me to be honest. In my opinion recruiting generally goes like this. P5 schools take for the most part who they want then it becomes a regional battle for a vast majority of the kids. Since we have no G5 schools virtually in our region we get these kids. Look how much Bohl has tried to use his connections to get players and he loses most of those battles. We do get first shot at these regional kids because of our program from top to bottom.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    While you are right that it will probably max out at 1 weekend day game for the season, that one game can really be a killer to attendance. Throughout the basketball season there are lots of games that I would love to go to that are during the week, but we don't go to because of other activities that we are committed to at the same time. If we had a random mid week game I know there would still be plenty of people there but would it be packed and THE EVENT of the day. I can't imagine it would. Remember at least for a few years we had the Thursday night game before Labor Day and I can't imagine attendance was all that great compared to a Saturday game.
    I loved those Thursday night games. The Turf was a madhouse after!