Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Game Day

Default Re: ESPN Game Day

1. Iowa State (NDSU/Wentz victim) beats Oklahoma (NDSU b-ball victim) both Big 12

2. Gameday goes to Iowa State

3. AC/DC West Lot NDSU concert

4. Wentz guest picks from West Lot via satellite

CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE!!!!

Should be a thread for this kinda stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    1. Iowa State (NDSU/Wentz victim) beats Oklahoma (NDSU b-ball victim) both Big 12

2. Gameday goes to Iowa State

3. AC/DC West Lot NDSU concert

4. Wentz guest picks from West Lot via satellite

CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE!!!!

Should be a thread for this kinda stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This sounds like something from Siouxvolley.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This sounds like something from Siouxvolley.
    Since ESPN is bleeding customers and need to control costs probably won't see many Gamedays west of miississipi.. Noticed most of shows this year are within 5 hours of NY this year . Even had a show in NY City this year, a non college football city...

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Since ESPN is bleeding customers and need to control costs probably won't see many Gamedays west of miississipi.. Noticed most of shows this year are within 5 hours of NY this year . Even had a show in NY City this year, a non college football city...
    Did ESPN suddenly not become owned by the largest media company in the world?

I'm going to guess it's coincidence. It's still a relatively low cost show to put on.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Did ESPN suddenly not become owned by the largest media company in the world?

I'm going to guess it's coincidence. It's still a relatively low cost show to put on.
    owned by ABC whose stock prices keep taking a hit because of ESPN and people cutting cable/satellite and losing subscriptions. They had to cut costs this summer by laying off 100 employees and will probably cut more cots as their NFL ratings keep dropping(which is why made cuts this summer). Just noticing their shows this year have been pretty close to HQ and just seemed weird they go to NYCity where college football is not big....Maybe coincidence but it seems more than that especially if you see financial health of ESPN.

owned by ABC whose stock prices keep taking a hit because of ESPN and people cutting cable/satellite and losing subscriptions. They had to cut costs this summer by laying off 100 employees and will probably cut more cots as their NFL ratings keep dropping(which is why made cuts this summer). Just noticing their shows this year have been pretty close to HQ and just seemed weird they go to NYCity where college football is not big....Maybe coincidence but it seems more than that especially if you see financial health of ESPN.
    I’m not sure it’s financial health so much at this point as a crisis of investor expectations. Of course one can certainly morph into the other...
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems like ESPN bit off a little more than they can chew... have all these big tv contracts and are going further away from just covering sports and getting into the controversial/political type subjects more so Lavar Ball (I personally can't stand that whole obsession), national anthem & the NFL, etc from what I can tell on the Facebook posts they have

The worst thing about them coming to Columbus, I'll be in Fargo this weekend. I've been waiting to find one close to fly my NDSU flag.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Seems like ESPN bit off a little more than they can chew... have all these big tv contracts and are going further away from just covering sports and getting into the controversial/political type subjects more so Lavar Ball (I personally can't stand that whole obsession), national anthem & the NFL, etc from what I can tell on the Facebook posts they have
    Media is in a transitional phase. Things are changing very fast. They could mess it up, but in the medium term with the digital and advanced media investments they’ve made Disney/ABC/ESPN are probably going to be OK. Going to be a bumpy ride for everyone though. Perhaps very bumpy, but even if you look at what we used to call print journalism which has been radically transformed in the last 20 years, the biggest players are still on the scene and have turned their fortunes around.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ESPN's troubles are largely a reflection of professional sports in trouble. For years now the NFL has been ignoring their core fans in pursuit of higher profits and this was the result in week 7. Beautiful stadiums with nobody in them.