Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Game Day

Default Re: ESPN Game Day

Wait, you show pictures of 4 of the worst teams in the NFL?

I saw a shit ton of people at the Vikings game yesterday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    ESPN's troubles are largely a reflection of professional sports in trouble. For years now the NFL has been ignoring their core fans in pursuit of higher profits and this was the result in week 7. Beautiful stadiums with nobody in them.

I would love for tickets to start to drop down to reasonable levels. $25 would be great.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I would love for tickets to start to drop down to reasonable levels. $25 would be great.
    They used to be. NFL, like ESPN got a little too big for its britches. Sunday Ticket and DirecTV also have ridden this wave.

You can't get NFL games anywhere, it costs extra almost everywhere. MLB is $125 a year for 162 games. You cant' even get that from NFL.

Sports itself needs to come down to Earth.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When were those photos taken. It's not uncommon to see lots of empty seats when the 2nd half starts when people are still in line at the concession stands.
    It's OK to not be OK.

ESPN's troubles are largely a reflection of professional sports in trouble. For years now the NFL has been ignoring their core fans in pursuit of higher profits and this was the result in week 7. Beautiful stadiums with nobody in them.

It may not only be football. Look at NASCAR'S ratings are down 17%.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Wait, you show pictures of 4 of the worst teams in the NFL?

I saw a shit ton of people at the Vikings game yesterday.
    Miami is 4-2. Indianapolis was 2-3 just last week. Bears are now 3-4. Chargers have yet to fill their 27,000 seat soccer stadium.

The NFL just stinks right now. Too many bad teams, awful quarterback play making NFL games hard to watch

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It may not only be football. Look at NASCAR'S ratings are down 17%.
    No, it's not. I remember when I was younger and NASCAR was interesting. I can't even tell the cars apart anymore unless they zoom in on them. Haven't watched it in years. I see highlights of MLB games with their luxury seats behind home plate largely empty, and those who are in those seats are staring at their phones. What a terrible atmosphere.

Soccer seems to be the only US sport on the rise right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    When were those photos taken. It's not uncommon to see lots of empty seats when the 2nd half starts when people are still in line at the concession stands.
    I was going to ask the same thing, as most of those pictures show teams kicking off. Even in Denver, where every game was a sellout, 3/4 of the stadium is empty for the second half kickoff because many people are either in the bathroom or standing in line of a concessions stand.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The Falcons go to the super bowl, build a crazy nice stadium.... And it's never sold out because they don't sell single tickets.. Only expensive seat licenses which the common man can't afford and they end up with a bunch of corporate stiffs and milk drinkers who don't even show up

Then you got LA where nobody gives a shit about the NFL and they can't sell out a the Coliseum if you combine the rams and chargers. Fans are pissed about losing teams too

The NFL atmosphere is a joke in many cities and the business side and ridiculous costs are alienating fans. Plus games are decided by refs now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Falcons go to the super bowl, build a crazy nice stadium.... And it's never sold out because they don't sell single tickets.. Only expensive seat licenses which the common man can't afford and they end up with a bunch of corporate stiffs and milk drinkers who don't even show up

Then you got LA where nobody gives a shit about the NFL and they can't sell out a the Coliseum if you combine the rams and chargers. Fans are pissed about losing teams too

The NFL atmosphere is a joke in many cities and the business side and ridiculous costs are alienating fans. Plus games are decided by refs now
    The Chargers current home (StubHub Center) only holds 27,000 people. Yesterday, of those attending, approximately 20,000 were Broncos fans. To the Chargers defense though, they had similar issues in San Diego of playing at home in front of opposing fans.
    Hail the BISON!!!