Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Game Day

Default Re: ESPN Game Day

JMU is hosting Gameday this weekend and all they can talk about is us.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JMU will do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Fitting tweeted that YSU/NDSU was 1-2 with the Red River Rivalry for getting Gameday. When YSU lost, that went out the door. When OU lost, that went out the door.
    I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd time in 4 years that YSU was screwed up their own chances at getting Gameday with NDSU coming to town. I believe in 2013 Fitting said that they had decided the week before to be in Youngstown for YSU/NDSU on 11/16/13 if both teams won. YSU would've been 9-1 (their only loss being to Michigan St) and NDSU would've been 10-0, two-time defending champs, and unanimous #1. YSU lost at UNI by 2 the week before and that was that.

They then proceeded to get dumptrucked by NDSU and SDSU at home in consecutive weeks to end the season, finish 8-4, and miss the playoffs.

Honestly I'm ok with it though... JMU will put on a good show and ESPN doesn't feature an interview with Pelini the rapist recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    JMU will do a great job.
    I don't doubt this. I don't ever watch it unless its on at the tailgate I'm at.

One thing about ISU, they had a big screen with GD playing at the tailgate.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    JMU will do a great job.

This. It's very good tv. Good for them.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I'm sure they would have picked YSU to play to the home crowd, but it would have been hilarious to see Corso put on the Bison head and then watch us dominate on the field. I'm thinking they'll still pick our game and send a little love our way.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I'm sure they would have picked YSU to play to the home crowd, but it would have been hilarious to see Corso put on the Bison head and then watch us dominate on the field. I'm thinking they'll still pick our game and send a little love our way.
    Maybe, but it kind of seems their "love" is cooling off a little bit. Maybe I'm just over-sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Maybe, but it kind of seems their "love" is cooling off a little bit. Maybe I'm just over-sensitive.
    You're right. Unfortunately, Lee Fitting is not an NDSU grad.

We had a window and we missed it. It wasn't our fault*, but it happened. We needed a bit more instability in the P5 to open a slot for us in the G5. Basically, ESPN was trying to buy low and sell high with us. When you're something of a misfit program like we are, you need everything to go just right. In our case, we needed something like 20 things to go right, and we only got 19. Sucks, but it's life sometimes.

*with the exception that a sweet 16 run would have been a big help

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing another championship won't cure. Win number 6 and I would bet they will be in Fargo next year!