Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Game Day

Default Re: ESPN Game Day

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Nothing another championship won't cure. Win number 6 and I would bet they will be in Fargo next year!
    7 home games means lots of chances!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    JMU is hosting Gameday this weekend and all they can talk about is us.
    Good for them. They deserve it. It's great for the FCS

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Maybe, but it kind of seems their "love" is cooling off a little bit. Maybe I'm just over-sensitive.
    You're being oversensitive. If YSU doesn't lose, then Gameday is about us (and YSU)

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their first trip to Fargo showed that an FCS team can provide a good turnout which I think is a good reason they went to JMU a couple years ago (they also had a good turnout). They are doing some out of the box ideas (Times Square) because after attending a few it kind of loses it's luster for the bigger schools that host a twice a year. I think it's cool that they came but I don't know if I'd attend again if they came back to Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Their first trip to Fargo showed that an FCS team can provide a good turnout which I think is a good reason they went to JMU a couple years ago (they also had a good turnout). They are doing some out of the box ideas (Times Square) because after attending a few it kind of loses it's luster for the bigger schools that host a twice a year. I think it's cool that they came but I don't know if I'd attend again if they came back to Fargo.
    Yeah, and I don't think we helped ourselves much with a lackluster turnout when Sportscenter on the Road came in 2015. Maybe ESPN viewed that as a sign that they were losing their luster with us as well. I'd contend that Gameday was so much bigger of a deal to everyone here they might've had unrealistic expectations for SC on the Road. When the Yankees have come to town twice we're not going to be super excited to see the Durham Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, and I don't think we helped ourselves much with a lackluster turnout when Sportscenter on the Road came in 2015. Maybe ESPN viewed that as a sign that they were losing their luster with us as well. I'd contend that Gameday was so much bigger of a deal to everyone here they might've had unrealistic expectations for SC on the Road. When the Yankees have come to town twice we're not going to be super excited to see the Durham Bulls.
    Well they had it in the dome and we were tailgating outside so I'm not sure what they wanted to do. I wasn't going to go sit inside.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool. I hate that name anyway.
    I've always thought of Alabama as the NDSU of FBS.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Well they had it in the dome and we were tailgating outside so I'm not sure what they wanted to do. I wasn't going to go sit inside.
    Plus that show was on BEFORE Gameday. 1) That's freaking early. 2) Does anyone even watch?

Maybe part of it but just a part of it at best. Had they done Gameday inside the dome I bet we would've filled an entire end zone plus standing room on the field (downtown was obviously a much better location). The time of morning probably also makes a difference. 8-11AM is a lot more doable for most than 6-8AM.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe part of it but just a part of it at best. Had they done Gameday inside the dome I bet we would've filled an entire end zone plus standing room on the field (downtown was obviously a much better location). The time of morning probably also makes a difference. 8-11AM is a lot more doable for most than 6-8AM.
    Also, as someone who does GA tailgating, they opened the GA lot when the show started and they wanted you in beforehand. Add in that they implied earlier in the week that they would turn people away makes people not want to put forward the effort.
    Hail Hydra.