Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Default Re: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Hey, Tony, can you please define what is politics verses culture. Also, why does national "politics" seem to be no go, but local politics are fine? Just curious why we can have thread after thread about the politics of higher ed, local initiatives to work on Sundays et.el., but not others. I should point out that often these topics become partisan in the root of the discussion if not outright obvious.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what you are asking - politics vs culture?

Rule of thumb: The more local, the less partisan the political discussion, the more likely it is to be acceptable. It would seem pretty odd to not talk about higher ed policy on an NDSU board directly affected by such policy, for example.

Not having anything remotely political wouldn't work because there are people for whom EVERYTHING is political so they will be crying no matter what the discussion is about.

On the other extreme, allowing all political talk won't work either because people who see partisanship in every aspect of life are never going to be happy until they turn Bisonville into an echo chamber for their incessant screeching.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I do see the consistency...he gives people the chance to stop and leave well enough alone...and then he steps in if the conversation does not right itself. That, or he isn't online to babysit until after it has gone too far.
    Oh then how do explain an entire thread to discuss state legislation. Are you really gunna try and say that was not a partisan big pile of shit. Or how about Mormon bashing that has shown up several times, if memory serves a mod lead thst discussion. Look , i have cut my BV time way back as 99% is rehashed discussion from 5 years ago. At the same time it still sometimes serves its purpose. Its not asking too much for a bit of consistently.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally I appreciate the job Tony does with keeping politics and other crap out of here. Sure it's not perfect and lines are still crossed at times but I don't think it's that hard to understand what he's trying to do. Bisonville is a better place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    On the other extreme, allowing all political talk won't work either because people who see partisanship in every aspect of life are never going to be happy until they turn Bisonville into an echo chamber for their incessant screeching.
    Bisonville politics are so DII, you libtard neo-Nazi.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Local politics can be more tame and civil discussion. Once it branches out to national politics it usually turns into finger pointing or name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Personally I appreciate the job Tony does with keeping politics and other crap out of here. Sure it's not perfect and lines are still crossed at times but I don't think it's that hard to understand what he's trying to do. Bisonville is a better place for it.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Bisonville politics are so DII, you libtard neo-Nazi.
    Your forgot JV old timey.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Hey, Tony, can you please define what is politics verses culture. Also, why does national "politics" seem to be no go, but local politics are fine? Just curious why we can have thread after thread about the politics of higher ed, local initiatives to work on Sundays et.el., but not others. I should point out that often these topics become partisan in the root of the discussion if not outright obvious.

Perhaps you could define the rule then consistently enforce it so there is no guessing as to what can and cannot be discussed.

I am not trying to put you on the spot, but
    It's a bit disappointing when you shut things down especially when there is no real consistency of what stays and what goes.

Btw...I understand partisan, but as a tutorial could give a few examples. Whe never get to see what or where the line is.
    It really hast been that confusing to me and most that I can tell . Plus I think hes been pretty consistent.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That thread was obviously going tits up pretty quickly.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Anyway, I'm not sure what you are asking - politics vs culture?

Rule of thumb: The more local, the less partisan the political discussion, the more likely it is to be acceptable. It would seem pretty odd to not talk about higher ed policy on an NDSU board directly affected by such policy, for example.

Not having anything remotely political wouldn't work because there are people for whom EVERYTHING is political so they will be crying no matter what the discussion is about.

I guess I did not see what folks wrote, but it sounds like it turned into pro versus anti trump...I get not wanting that. The next thing you know ANTIFA will be doxing everyone they disagree with. Like I said, up until 10 pm the last time I checked in last night there was really nothing on the thread remotely like that. Also, I still dont know what was said to kick everyone off last year.

I guess I did not see what folks wrote, but it sounds like it turned into pro versus anti trump...I get not wanting that. The next thing you know ANTIFA will be doxing everyone they disagree with. Like I said, up until 10 pm the last time I checked in last night there was really nothing on the thread remotely like that. Also, I still dont know what was said to kick everyone off last year.
    Sure would hate for them to figure out my identity.
    Hail the BISON!!!