Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Default Re: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I guess I did not see what folks wrote, but it sounds like it turned into pro versus anti trump...I get not wanting that. The next thing you know ANTIFA will be doxing everyone they disagree with. Like I said, up until 10 pm the last time I checked in last night there was really nothing on the thread remotely like that. Also, I still dont know what was said to kick everyone off last year.
    The use of that word puts you squarely on one side.

I know why you're mad the discussion stopped.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Personally I appreciate the job Tony does with keeping politics and other crap out of here. Sure it's not perfect and lines are still crossed at times but I don't think it's that hard to understand what he's trying to do. Bisonville is a better place for it.
    Agreed 110%.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Correct which putd it on him to set the rules and ensure consistency.

I did not get a chance to see what in there postings as of this am, but as of last night it was not all that partisan.

Look I am not bashing Tony. I am asking for guidance. It seems this has been a bit of an issue with him shutting the site down and or threatening to shut it down a few times now.
    Quit acting like you pay for some service on bisonville you consistently are in the mix of the political talk that gets censored... I'd say you know what is ok and what's not move on
    TRUST THE PROCESS

ESPN's #1 problem is THEIR politics. How about they cover SPORTS without all the fluff that leans ONE way. They are just like 9 of 10 so called news networks out there that do the same thing. Interesting how they are all failing with low ratings too. Maybe they should be more like Tony and keep the politics out of their media.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I haven't watched ESPN in almost a year. Stopped during the election. They weren't talking sports. The end.

Lardsin must go!

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't watch much ESPN anymore, mostly just live events and Gameday at this point. But this last week kind of highlights the fall of ESPN to me. Cleveland made history with their streak, just like the A's back in 2002. I remember SportsCenter back when Oakland did it, and they led SportsCenter with it and even *gasp* showed highlights. I'm sure this week they opened with Stephen A Smith taking about LeBron James or how he thought something was racist.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don't watch it anymore except for college fb games and gameday if I happen to be home. I used to watch it all the time.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

No intention to get Angry Elf mad, but this is a solid WSJ story on the troubles at ESPN: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-politics.html I did go to WSJ to finish the story, but most of it is found on this link for free. I only dare post this that while it does cover the political controversy, it also shows ESPN's horrible management decisions regarding cord cutters which was my point in starting the thread in the first place. (Rarely in my lifetime have I seen businessmen be so dumb; like generals who don't know what it is like in the trenches.) I still wonder if they survive all this as I am still not convinced they get it.

Sounds like Disney has to share some of the blame for not believing how quickly cordcutting and streaming would grow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Sounds like Disney has to share some of the blame for not believing how quickly cordcutting and streaming would grow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I kind of lump ESPN/Disney together in my "dumb" comment above.