Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Default "Is ESPN doomed" thread

I didn't read through it completely, but saw enough to shitcan the whole thing.

AGS has a Politics Board (for now) if you want to mix sports and politics: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...olitical-Board

Why doesn't Bisonville have a politics board? Because the people who can't let their partisan politics alone long enough to visit a sports board do not and never will respect requests to keep their partisan BS off the main board.

BTW, we've always talked a bit of politics on Bisonville, especially policy stuff that affects NDSU and the area, but I've chosen to draw the line at partisan politics.

Default Re: "Is ESPN doomed" thread

Crazy thing was I started that thread on the very legit discussion of can ESPN survive the cord cutting revolution. I never dreamed that would happen. I'll try to resurrect the interesting part of that discussion if ESPN does another big purge in the future or loses a major contract.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I didn't read through it completely, but saw enough to shitcan the whole thing.

AGS has a Politics Board (for now) if you want to mix sports and politics: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...olitical-Board

Why doesn't Bisonville have a politics board? Because the people who can't let their partisan politics alone long enough to visit a sports board do not and never will respect requests to keep their partisan BS off the main board.

BTW, we've always talked a bit of politics on Bisonville, especially policy stuff that affects NDSU and the area, but I've chosen to draw the line at partisan politics.

Hey, Tony, can you please define what is politics verses culture. Also, why does national "politics" seem to be no go, but local politics are fine? Just curious why we can have thread after thread about the politics of higher ed, local initiatives to work on Sundays et.el., but not others. I should point out that often these topics become partisan in the root of the discussion if not outright obvious.

Perhaps you could define the rule then consistently enforce it so there is no guessing as to what can and cannot be discussed.

I am not trying to put you on the spot, but
    It's a bit disappointing when you shut things down especially when there is no real consistency of what stays and what goes.

Btw...I understand partisan, but as a tutorial could give a few examples. Whe never get to see what or where the line is.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-14-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    but
    It's a bit disappointing when you shut things down especially when there is no real consistency of what stays and what goes..
    Well it's his board so....
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I do see the consistency...he gives people the chance to stop and leave well enough alone...and then he steps in if the conversation does not right itself. That, or he isn't online to babysit until after it has gone too far.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I'm going to protest by selling my screen name and BV account, for a large profit, to unsuspecting posters that want to flame away on here politically. That will both fix the problem and stick it to BV!

Yeah, I called that shit today. That wasn't a pop culture discussion AT ALL. That was "we love Trump, we hate Trump".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is Tony's board. I think he is very fair. I do miss Angry Elf though.....

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I do see the consistency...he gives people the chance to stop and leave well enough alone...and then he steps in if the conversation does not right itself. That, or he isn't online to babysit until after it has gone too far.
    I agree. I'm just saying his house...his rules. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Correct which putd it on him to set the rules and ensure consistency.

I did not get a chance to see what in there postings as of this am, but as of last night it was not all that partisan.

Look I am not bashing Tony. I am asking for guidance. It seems this has been a bit of an issue with him shutting the site down and or threatening to shut it down a few times now.