Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YSUs continuing shitshow

Default Re: YSUs continuing shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    In my mind, this kid is getting a raw deal. Yes, he brought it on himself and maybe it's some sort of universal karma coming back on him, but the bottom line is that the kid got in trouble prior to attending YSU, he was a juvenile, he did what was required and has not been in trouble since. The law says he paid his price.

BTW, I bet YSU has other kids that got in trouble and are participating in clubs, groups etc. I don't see how you go about choosing who gets to do participate and who must still be punished. I don’t condone rape, but if you believe in our system of laws, retribution was paid. We now need to give the kid a chance to grow.
    I think the kid should be allowed to attend school if he pays tuition and follows the rules for the reasons you laid out. However, think about if NDSU's football program put themselves in this situation. I'd be utterly disgusted and my Team Maker donations would cease as long as they continued to have this guy as part of the program and I'd make sure Simmers/Larsen/Klieman knew how I felt.

Also, this isn't your garden variety rape conviction (if there is such a thing). There are very disturbing reports of him and his family trying to bully his accuser into recanting any allegations despite the fact that there were numerous braggadocial text/picture messages from this guy and his douchebag friends essentially proving they raped an unconcious girl. Beyond that I've seen several articles from his original trial where his representatives kept talking about how strong he was facing adversity and a tough situation at such a young age (referring to the whole trial process). I couldn't care less about how tough things were for a rapist who brought all this on himself. Btw, the party where the rape occurred was at the house of a volunteer coach on his high school football team. The superintendent at the high school was charged with felony tampering for trying to cover it up. The whole story reeks of enablement.

Bottom line is I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for either side in this. The kid is lucky to even be a practice player at a D1 university given his violent past and YSU bungled this from the start, not to mention the shady details of how he initially decided to walk on, so they deserve the bad press they're getting and will continue to get.

He is a distraction. Even that's a problem
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the kid should be allowed to attend school if he pays tuition and follows the rules for the reasons you laid out. However, think about if NDSU's football program put themselves in this situation. I'd be utterly disgusted and my Team Maker donations would cease as long as they continued to have this guy as part of the program and I'd make sure Simmers/Larsen/Klieman knew how I felt.

Also, this isn't your garden variety rape conviction (if there is such a thing). There are very disturbing reports of him and his family trying to bully his accuser into recanting any allegations despite the fact that there were numerous braggadocial text/picture messages from this guy and his douchebag friends essentially proving they raped an unconcious girl. Beyond that I've seen several articles from his original trial where his representatives kept talking about how strong he was facing adversity and a tough situation at such a young age (referring to the whole trial process). I couldn't care less about how tough things were for a rapist who brought all this on himself. Btw, the party where the rape occurred was at the house of a volunteer coach on his high school football team. The superintendent at the high school was charged with felony tampering for trying to cover it up. The whole story reeks of enablement.

Bottom line is I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for either side in this. The kid is lucky to even be a practice player at a D1 university given his violent past and YSU bungled this from the start, not to mention the shady details of how he initially decided to walk on, so they deserve the bad press they're getting and will continue to get.
    I don't condone what he did. But that was all well known prior to him making the team. The right thing to do would have been to never let him on the team to begin with. But they did, so at this point it's all on YSU IMO. Has nothing to do with sympathy.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with this case at all. How did his "recruitment" go down?

It would seem the second anyone had an inkling that Bo was sniffing around this guy was the time to prevent the mess they're in now. Alumni, students, etc. should've voiced the concerns then, not after he was enrolled and on the team. Now the bed is made and all you can do is treat him like anyone else (as much as you can knowing that he's a giant pos), and wait for him to give you a reason to send him packing.

If the whole process of him getting into school and him walking on was done in secret, then I'd be looking for proof that Bo "recruited" him and calling for his head.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I can certainly see it that way as well. These are really tough situations, especially watching them from a distance....too many unknown and important details that one really needs to know and understand to make any kind of educated decisions. I guess first off I would want to know why Bo brought him on in the first place… Has he said?

I certainly hope it was done with conditions, accountability and ultimately as a pathway and chance to let the kid prove he can be productive memeber of society. If it was done just to get a good baller on the team, wit h no intention of holding him accountable and due to the perks that come with being a great athlete…well that makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I can certainly see it that way as well. These are really tough situations, especially watching them from a distance....too many unknown and important details that one really needs to know and understand to make any kind of educated decisions. I guess first off I would want to know why Bo brought him on in the first place… Has he said?

I certainly hope it was done with conditions, accountability and ultimately as a pathway and chance to let the kid prove he can be productive memeber of society. If it was done just to get a good baller on the team, wit h no intention of holding him accountable and due to the perks that come with being a great athlete…well that makes me sick.
    I admit I don't know all the details and what I have heard is from a very anti-YSU/Pelini poster on AGS (Penguin Nation). What I've heard is the guy enrolled at YSU with no intention to play football and at some social event one of his acquaintances met YSU President Jim Tressel who encouraged the guy to tell Richmond to try out for the team. From there Tressel notified Pelini who then contacted the kid and "had a talk" with him and after that asked him to walk on.

There's been no comments I've seen from Tressel or Pelini regarding any if this but Bo in particular strikes me as the type of guy who would bring this guy on and not give a shit what anyone thinks about it. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it today against CCSU because no matter what he does (play him or not) he's gonna have to answer questions about it postgame. And we all know how lovely Bo can be in his postgame pressers.

YSU coaches give the best post gamer pressers.

What'd you think of the pass interference call *angry stare*
    Cheap Shot!