Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YSUs continuing shitshow

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default YSUs continuing shitshow

Ma'lik Richmond sues for spot on Penguin football roster

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 7:25 PM CST Updated: Sep 13, 2017 9:33 PM CST

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36361580/malik-richmond-sues-for-spot-on-penguin-football-roster

Default Re: YSUs continuing shitshow

That will definitely build team chemistry and a championship/workman like attitude in the locker room! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Ma'lik Richmond sues for spot on Penguin football roster

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 7:25 PM CST Updated: Sep 13, 2017 9:33 PM CST

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36361580/malik-richmond-sues-for-spot-on-penguin-football-roster
    Moral of the story here kids, don't rape - ever!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Moral of the story here kids, don't rape - ever!
    Along with a long list of other things a person should not do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

And now it gets really interesting: Judge grants restraining order allowing Ma'lik Richmond to play

U.S. District Judge Benita Pearson ruled late Thursday evening that the embattled football player can temporarily play in YSU football games until a more permanent decision can be made.
    Now the question is does Bo play him tomorrow now that he has an excuse or does he invent some performance related reason not to play him even though he could?

This really is what YSU deserves to try to bring this guy in on the downlow and perhaps even convinced him to try out for the football team (as some accounts have alleged that I've seen) but this is Exzibit A, B, and C why schools need to stay away from these guys shouldn't be touched by a football program. Richmond has just guaranteed that he, and no other convicted juvenile rapist, will never set foot on a competitive football field again once his time at YSU is done (which will likely be after this season at longest regardless of how this legal mess plays out). I can't say that's a bad thing but I hope Bo isn't gunning for an FBS job because after this whole ordeal he'll be lucky if he's still allowed to stay at his hometown YSU.

Heard this on Bison1660 today: He got convicted of rape (and it's not like it was a he said / she said deal because there was a mountain of evidence - and even with that, the case almost never came to court), but he still got to play his senior season on the Steubenville football team!

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...e_malik_r.html
    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...ia-bio/317152/

Also, they make a big deal about Malik walking on at YSU, but Pelini went looking for him so don't kid yourself about Bo looking for an excuse not to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Heard this on Bison1660 today: He got convicted of rape (and it's not like it was a he said / she said deal because there was a mountain of evidence - and even with that, the case almost never came to court), but he still got to play his senior season on the Steubenville football team!

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...e_malik_r.html
    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...ia-bio/317152/

Also, they make a big deal about Malik walking on at YSU, but Pelini went looking for him so don't kid yourself about Bo looking for an excuse not to play him.
    He will play. Here is a question for an issue like this. It appears there are no issues with him attending YSU as a student. The petition was to have him "removed" from the football team. By trying to prevent him from playing football (it could be any sport really) are you not taking away his opportunity to "possibly" be a NFL player? If he was "only" a student and excelled in the classroom (which he is allowed to attend), would people stand in his way at becoming the next President of GM, Apple or some other large company?? Only a every few are able to lead organizations like them just like only the every few are able to play professional sports. I am not condoning what he did and was convicted for. I am simply asking a question that I do not have the answer for.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The guy is a piece of sh#t, but the University/football team can't bench him just because a bunch of students also think he's a piece of sh#t.

I hope he plays, I hope he sues and makes $$$, I hope Youngstown State gets the blackeye it deserves, I hope the kid repents and if he doesn't that he burns in hell.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    He will play. Here is a question for an issue like this. It appears there are no issues with him attending YSU as a student. The petition was to have him "removed" from the football team. By trying to prevent him from playing football (it could be any sport really) are you not taking away his opportunity to "possibly" be a NFL player? If he was "only" a student and excelled in the classroom (which he is allowed to attend), would people stand in his way at becoming the next President of GM, Apple or some other large company?? Only a every few are able to lead organizations like them just like only the every few are able to play professional sports. I am not condoning what he did and was convicted for. I am simply asking a question that I do not have the answer for.
    Once they let him in the school and on the team knowing his past it seems rather unfair to suddenly yank him. I won't condone what he did either but I think he has some valid points.

The real issue I see here is Bo allegedly convincing him to come to YSU to begin with. If that's true, it was incredibly poor judgement on his part.

In my mind, this kid is getting a raw deal. Yes, he brought it on himself and maybe it's some sort of universal karma coming back on him, but the bottom line is that the kid got in trouble prior to attending YSU, he was a juvenile, he did what was required and has not been in trouble since. The law says he paid his price.

BTW, I bet YSU has other kids that got in trouble and are participating in clubs, groups etc. I don't see how you go about choosing who gets to do participate and who must still be punished. I don’t condone rape, but if you believe in our system of laws, retribution was paid. We now need to give the kid a chance to grow.