Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home with?

Default Re: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home wit

It's surprising to me how many people dislike the Fargodome/tailgating experience. After going to numerous stadiums, including FBS, I wouldn't trade with any of them.

Default Re: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home wit

Sagarin has us ranked 48th in the nation, so if we are going to be playing a home-and-home at our level, it would need to be an FBS team. The only FCS teams at our level are already in our conference, or if they're not, we'll probably end up playing them in the playoffs anyhow.

I like all the ideas on the Ivy League schools, etc, but I don't think there's much for us to gain from it, other than the novelty of it. I like how we match up with the MW Mountain. Only Boise State is ranked ahead of us, and I think that would be a great home-and-home setup. And of course, there's Wyoming there as well, but they seem to be on the decline again. We played CSU a few years back, and pretty much beat up on them.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    It's surprising to me how many people dislike the Fargodome/tailgating experience. After going to numerous stadiums, including FBS, I wouldn't trade with any of them.
    People can find ways to complain about anything
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    People can find ways to complain about anything
    I agree, the tailgating scene at the FargoDome totally blows away the one I see at Broncos' games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Would love to see us play Wyoming. Bohl vs. Klieman.

I remember talking to a former co-worker when I first started at my current job. I was wearing an NDSU polo the Friday before a game, which is kinda my tradition. Anyway, he asked me if I was a Bison Football fan, and I informed him that yes I was, and I had season tickets.

He responded with, "oh, you're one of them."

"What do you mean?"

The following conversation was basically that NDSU football fans were the worst kind of fans on the planet, and yadda yadda yadda, because reasons, and his daughter worked at BWW, where they're all drunk and boorish. He complained about how tailgate was a bunch of drunks, and this that and the other thing.

So I asked, "Have you been to the tailgate area in the last five years?"

No.

"Have you been to a Bison Home game, hell, since the Fargo dome opened?"

No.

"Then you don't know. There are always assholes in bars, and yes, at Tailgate some people get too drunk. It happens. But you're going to tell me the entire fanbase is like that? Tell you what, why don't you come out and tail gate with my folks some time and see if you think we're all still a bunch of assholes."

Offers still open, he hasn't ever shown up. Most people who complain about these things have never actually been to the event or thing they complain about.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would like a CAA-MVFC challenge. Every other year have a BSC challenge alternating with a CAA challenge. Home-and-homes thus returned every other year.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

I could go for a home-and-home with a variety of FCS Schools. It can be a good way to get a good gauge of how good we are rather than playing cupcake games. Here is a list of teams off the top of my head:
    Montana
    James Madison
    Jacksonville State
    Richmond

I don't foresee any FBS schools agreeing to a "home-and-home" with NDSU so I don't even consider them. Like the FBS the FCS has their perennial contenders so any of them would suit me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I could go for a home-and-home with a variety of FCS Schools. It can be a good way to get a good gauge of how good we are rather than playing cupcake games. Here is a list of teams off the top of my head:
    Montana
    James Madison
    Jacksonville State
    Richmond

I don't foresee any FBS schools agreeing to a "home-and-home" with NDSU so I don't even consider them. Like the FBS the FCS has their perennial contenders so any of them would suit me fine.
    That is very true. However, there are a number of FBS schools that would certainly generate some interest among their fan base by entering in to such an agreement.
    Just shootin' from the hip here......but......maybe:

Wyoming
    Northern Illinois
    Nevada
    Akron
    Buffalo
    UNLV

Their benefit would be: great competition, likely a full stadium at their place, a chance to see how they stack up against the little world beater school, playing in the dome (which most in the country knw by now is an incredible environment.

I know, I know......not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    That is very true. However, there are a number of FBS schools that would certainly generate some interest among their fan base by entering in to such an agreement.
    Just shootin' from the hip here......but......maybe:

Wyoming
    Northern Illinois
    Nevada
    Akron
    Buffalo
    UNLV

Their benefit would be: great competition, likely a full stadium at their place, a chance to see how they stack up against the little world beater school, playing in the dome (which most in the country knw by now is an incredible environment.

I know, I know......not gonna happen.
    I would like to believe NDSU can at least do home and home games with any Sun Belt school. I know they suck, but hopefully they're not stuck up like a lot of MW schools in regards to playing NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!