Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home with?

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home wit

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    So, EWU is visiting Fordham this week which is located in the Bronx. The team is taking some time to visit Ground Zero and taking in some sites. Made me think, what would be some interesting FCS schools that would be fun to visit and then host them back in Fargo?

My short list
    1) Harvard - iconic stadium
    2) Yale - iconic stadium
    3) Fordham, Stony Brook or one of the Long Island Universities
    4) Maine - to make up for 9/11
    5) Grambling - just because of the heritage
    I like your suggestions for 3 and 4. It would be nice to see the team play somewhere completely different. Stony Brook is an athletics program on many radars as being on the rise (not only in football).
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home wit

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    addendum regarding the University of Buffalo.

If not for that stupid track encircling it...........their stadium would be damn nice (29,013 capacity)

That statement goes for any football field stadium with a track around it.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I'd rather see us play two FBS programs in one season than a home and home with some FCS program no one has ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I'd rather see us play two FBS programs in one season than a home and home with some FCS program no one has ever heard of.
    id give up the MVSU and bob morris shitshows for this in a heart beat

If NDSU didn't play in extremely physical conference, I could see this. We can't forget what last year's schedule did to the team by the time they reached the playoffs.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If NDSU didn't play in extremely physical conference, I could see this. We can't forget what last year's schedule did to the team by the time they reached the playoffs.

Yeah, and I absolutely mean no disrespect, but I don't buy the tough conference line. Yes, we play in a tough conference, but, like every conference in the country, we have our share of cupcakes as well. We have plenty of down weeks throughout the season where we can rest some guys.

I'm just tired of the bush league non-conference games, I get the feeling many other fans are starting to feel the same way.

Yeah, and I absolutely mean no disrespect, but I don't buy the tough conference line. Yes, we play in a tough conference, but, like every conference in the country, we have our share of cupcakes as well. We have plenty of down weeks throughout the season where we can rest some guys.

I'm just tired of the bush league non-conference games, I get the feeling many other fans are starting to feel the same way.

WORSE CASE NDSU goes 1-2 with 2 FBS and cupcake.

so you go 6-2 at worse in conference and still easily make playoffs.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Couldn't agree more. So much more excitement with an away FBS game in a real stadium than a cupcake in the tailgate restricted dome Nazi land.

Play two FBS games? May as well just go FBS then since barely any FBS teams want anything to do with us as an FCS school.

I'd love to kick Harvard or Yale's ass but those pompous elitist assholes know better then to play us.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

East Carolina, local to me, and Virginia Tech, I work with a lot of VT grads. Mostly just so they will shut up about the FCS vs FBS.