Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 National Stats

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 National Stats

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Source for all the statistics: https://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113723

NDSU is top 25 in everything except:

Passing Yards Per Game: 92nd
    Net Punting: 80th
    Punt Returns: 85th
    Is there a stat for field goal kicking? I have to believe this season we were pretty poor. That, combined with the punting and returns, would support the idea that our special teams isn't quite as good as it's been in years past. I'm surprised by the passing yards being 92nd. I suppose that comes from never needing to pass to come from behind. Does anyone have a stat for 'minutes of games spent in a point deficit'? I can't imagine it's more than 10-15 minutes the whole season. Were we ever behind in the second half this year?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Is there a stat for field goal kicking? I have to believe this season we were pretty poor. That, combined with the punting and returns, would support the idea that our special teams isn't quite as good as it's been in years past. I'm surprised by the passing yards being 92nd. I suppose that comes from never needing to pass to come from behind. Does anyone have a stat for 'minutes of games spent in a point deficit'? I can't imagine it's more than 10-15 minutes the whole season. Were we ever behind in the second half this year?
    Difficult to be #4 in rushing and anything close to that on the passing side for yardage too. Only so many yards to be gained in a game.

Would be very interesting to see the Bison go to a four down offense anytime they cross the 50. consider punting if its 4th and 4 or more only. The few times they would give up the ball the defense would still have a long field behind them. I think a lot of games would be over at halftime.

FG% is considered an individual stat rather than a team stat... Cam was 63rd at 62.5%

The passing yards being 92nd is not that surprising... NDSU didn't need to pass a lot. Easton was 5th in yards per completion at 15 ypc (they don't have a stat for yards per attempt but he'd probably in the top 5 there too given his outstanding passing efficiency.)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The Bison are slipping forward. So, maybe he's right?
    They more than slipped forward, they earned the Natty.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Well for sure we were in the SDSU game, can't lose a game and not be behind in the second half, lol.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?