Thread: September Coaches Update

Default September Coaches Update

All,
    I have another update for you guys this month and there is quite a bit to talk about, so bear with me!

Wanted to give you guys another update as we have had quite an eventful month of September already (much of which we cannot get into the details with) but it did involve multiple home visits with our kids that are in the Junior class since we can now do that much earlier than we used to as well as another class of 2018 commitment. We have a busy next few weeks as recruiting season continues to heat up so be sure to look out for more class of 2018/2019 guys.

Quick reminder that we do have the 2017 Bison Wrestling Club golf outing scheduled for this Friday, September 15th at the Maple River golf course. If you would like to play or sponsor a hole, be sure to email or call Matt Nagel. We had a great event last year which was followed by a social and we look to have an even better event this year. We appreciate those that have already sent in any sponsorship's or foursome registrations, the support of this event has been phenomenal!

Next, pre-season workouts are going well. After letting the guys get acclimated to school these first few weeks, we are in full swing with conditioning, lifts, and wrestling workouts. You will be surprised by the leaps that a lot of these young guys have made in just a short time. As far as the upper class guys, they have quite a bit to prove after last year and they are coming into this season hungry! Like we have done with a lot of our other announcements, you will see graphics released introducing our new faces (freshmen and transfers) to the program on both twitter and facebook. I can try to get them posted here as well if you guys would like. Our SID is hard at work putting together the graphics we have been releasing as well as getting the website updated, they have been using a new software in the department. Many of you may have seen or heard but we also announced our team captains for this season; our seniors Mitch Friedman, Clay Ream, and Kyle Gliva will lead this years squad. We think these guys will do a great job and they all look to close out their careers on a high note this season.

Finally, it has been talked about a lot since the official release but we are FIRED UP about this years schedule and we hope you are too. Season ticket info is out and you can get them through gobison.com under the tickets tab or by calling our ticket office. I will put the link at the bottom of this message for everyone. We hope you all can make it to all of the home duals this season and really create a unique and energized environment for our guys to compete in. They work very hard and they love seeing you guys pack those stands. We also have some away duals that are within driving distance this year, so if you are up to it, we would love to see you guys in Iowa City, Cedar Falls, and when we head south to Brookings. Everyone knows that the Bison travel well! As always, if you have any questions for us be sure to send us an email. GO BISON!!! HORNS UP!!!

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ller=&appCode=

Default Re: September Coaches Update

Thanks for the update Coach. It's going to be an exciting season. Go Bison.

Brent Fleetwood at NDSU? Flo put out at article on all of the D1 transfers and it has Fleetwood at NDSU. I hadn't heard this but he isn't on the CMU roster anymore.

Good wrestler and makes the team better. But it's a curious fit with Bianchi and Cam set at the light weights and both are much younger.

Heck he could've followed Keener from CMU to Penn State and had a better chance to crack the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Brent Fleetwood at NDSU? Flo put out at article on all of the D1 transfers and it has Fleetwood at NDSU. I hadn't heard this but he isn't on the CMU roster anymore.

Good wrestler and makes the team better. But it's a curious fit with Bianchi and Cam set at the light weights and both are much younger.

Heck he could've followed Keener from CMU to Penn State and had a better chance to crack the lineup
    Interesting. It looks like ndwrestle.com posted about it a few days ago. Maybe there will be some shuffling next year when Mitch's spot opens up.