Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

Default Re: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    A little trivia from the notes on Robert Morris' Head Coach, John Banaszak

Playing Experience:
    - Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL) - Defensive Line, 1975-81
    Three-time Super Bowl Champion (X, XIII, XIV)
    - Defensive Player of the Game (Super Bowl XIII)

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A little trivia from the notes on Robert Morris' Head Coach, John Banaszak

Playing Experience:
    - Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL) - Defensive Line, 1975-81
    Three-time Super Bowl Champion (X, XIII, XIV)
    - Defensive Player of the Game (Super Bowl XIII)
    That John Banaszak? This game has instantly become awesome.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    That John Banaszak? This game has instantly become awesome.
    Hah! That was my reaction too. But I hate that guy (because the Steelers ended the Super Bowl dreams of my 15-year-old self, a Vikings fan, back in the day).

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    As much as I know they would win I would love to go to Tuscaloosa for an NDSU game
    Presented a paper back in the day there. It was the most beautiful campus I have ever seen.
    The highlight was seeing President Ford at the student union. He fell going up the steps. No Joke.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    First, NDSU isn't playing a FBS team because our AD doesn't want to schedule them. They're not playing because the FBS teams don't want to play NDSU. I don't understand why many of us fans don't understand this unfortunate fact.

Second, North Alabama will not be a DII next year (http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...on-i-fall-2018).
    As I had said, I understand that the politics of it all makes it difficult. But by your own admission, we aren't playing them because the AD doesn't want to play them. So it's not an impossible task to play them, if maybe our AD made an effort at doing so, as you so suggest, and since we have negotiated deals with FBS teams in the past, though admittedly it may be more difficult as of late. Regarding North Alabama, I'm sure they will be vastly improved next year, and present quite a challenge for us, having moved up to D-I and all.

Did we get beaten down from playing Iowa last year? I suspect so. I also suspect that Iowa got beaten down even more, as did the Gophers, Colorado State, Kansas State, and Iowa State before them. I'm not opposed to playing a couple of cupcakes each year, but I also think that the fans deserve to see one non-conference game where we are the supposed "cupcake", or at least a slight underdog, and that means playing an FBS team of a fairly high caliber. Outside of the playoffs, I believe it to be the highlight of the year, especially if we remain at the high caliber of football we are currently at.

But of course, I'm just speaking as a fan, not as a football insider with any particular knowledge on the subject.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First, NDSU isn't playing a FBS team because our AD doesn't want to schedule them. They're not playing because the FBS teams don't want to play NDSU. I don't understand why many of us fans don't understand this unfortunate fact.

Second, North Alabama will not be a DII next year (http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...on-i-fall-2018).
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    As I had said, I understand that the politics of it all makes it difficult. But by your own admission, we aren't playing them because the AD doesn't want to play them. So it's not an impossible task to play them, if maybe our AD made an effort at doing so, as you so suggest, and since we have negotiated deals with FBS teams in the past, though admittedly it may be more difficult as of late. Regarding North Alabama, I'm sure they will be vastly improved next year, and present quite a challenge for us, having moved up to D-I and all.

Did we get beaten down from playing Iowa last year? I suspect so. I also suspect that Iowa got beaten down even more, as did the Gophers, Colorado State, Kansas State, and Iowa State before them. I'm not opposed to playing a couple of cupcakes each year, but I also think that the fans deserve to see one non-conference game where we are the supposed "cupcake", or at least a slight underdog, and that means playing an FBS team of a fairly high caliber. Outside of the playoffs, I believe it to be the highlight of the year, especially if we remain at the high caliber of football we are currently at.

But of course, I'm just speaking as a fan, not as a football insider with any particular knowledge on the subject.
    You are reading the above quote all wrong...read it over again, this is what C-Moe is saying: NDSU isn't playing FBS teams because FBS teams do not want to play NDSU...NOT because our AD doesn't want to schedule them, they're trying hard to get quality games on the schedule such as the FBS, but nobody wants to step up to the plate because of the risk.

Where have you been the last several years?

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post

I believe you misunderstood my statement about NDSU's AD. Trust me, they're trying. Nobody is saying "yes please" to their requests. Again, NDSU isn't worth an elite P5 school to schedule. Those teams don't want a challenge from any team they pay money to play at home.

I don't understand why you or anyone believes they aren't trying to get a FBS game each year, or at least every other year. I've heard both Jorgensen and Larsen public express their frustrations numerous times over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

P5 ADs be hanging up when than hear "This is Matt Larsen from North Dakota State" faster than me when I hear "This is John from Microsoft and we've noticed that your computer has a virus" in a thick Indiana accent.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    P5 ADs be hanging up when than hear "This is Matt Larsen from North Dakota State" faster than me when I hear "This is John from Microsoft and we've noticed that your computer has a virus" in a thick Indiana accent.
    How I image P5 athletic directors handling their phones after trying to ignore too many calls with a 701 area code:

Hail the BISON!!!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How I image P5 athletic directors handling their phones after trying to ignore too many calls with a 701 area code:

Hey with a 701 area code it could be the F'Hawkers on the line.