Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It's still a stat I'll take.
    Just looked. Looks like an EWU got 2 yards so that's over. I was thinking they had one punt return where they made it a yard or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_RMC View Post
    Jimmy Walker is a gun-slinger who transferred to RMU from San Diego St.
    This new gun-slinger of your's sounds pretty good... dare I say he sounds "DYN-O-MITE"

This year's non-conference schedule has been a bit of yawner. Next year doesn't look much better, Delaware and North Alabama (a D-II team) scheduled so far. I'm sure the politics of it all make it difficult, but surely we can do better than this. I'd rather risk a loss to a good FBS team than play only lower level FCS and D-II teams.

Bison 56 - Robert Morris 10. (Scientifically calculated to the highest degree)
    Last edited by LongLostAlum; 09-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    This year's non-conference schedule has been a bit of yawner. Next year doesn't look much better, Delaware and North Alabama (a D-II team) scheduled so far. I'm sure the politics of it all make it difficult, but surely we can do better than this. I'd rather risk a loss to a good FBS team than play only lower level FCS and D-II teams.

Bison 56 - Robert Morris 10. (Scientifically calculated to the highest degree)
    First, NDSU isn't playing a FBS team because our AD doesn't want to schedule them. They're not playing because the FBS teams don't want to play NDSU. I don't understand why many of us fans don't understand this unfortunate fact.

Second, North Alabama will not be a DII next year (http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...on-i-fall-2018).
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    First, NDSU isn't playing a FBS team because our AD doesn't want to schedule them. They're not playing because the FBS teams don't want to play NDSU. I don't understand why many of us fans don't understand this unfortunate fact.

Second, North Alabama will not be a DII next year (http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...on-i-fall-2018).
    Chuck, EWU, and Iowa tool a toll on the team last year. Thats undeniable.
    I am glad they have a easy ooc schedule this year. If JMU gets to coast to a top seed, I am all for doing the same this year.
    Time to get the title back.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Chuck, EWU, and Iowa tool a toll on the team last year. Thats undeniable.
    I am glad they have a easy ooc schedule this year. If JMU gets to coast to a top seed, I am all for doing the same this year.
    Time to get the title back.
    This is true, and I believe the coaches (or maybe someone from Bison 1660) made this point during the offseason. Personally, I don't care whether our OOC is good or bad since the more important games are the conference and playoff games.

I just get frustrated with the lack of understanding that NDSU doesn't "pick" to play whoever they want. The can play who those who agree to play after they ask.

It's similar to dating. As dudes, we can ask every single "10" woman on Earth, but we're not going to date one of them until they say "yes." Elite P5 teams are "10s" and have little benefit to scheduling NDSU right now. The Bison are too much of a pricey threat to their schedules that need to be pretty much flawless in order to get into the CFP. Can NDSU beat Alabama? Probably not, but why should they pay a big price to take the risk? They have a lot more easier FCS teams to choose from for a game that pretty much becomes a bye week for their starters late in the year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Rewatched the YSU game and the RoMo QB likes to hold onto the ball for a long time.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can NDSU beat Alabama? Probably not
    The correct answer to the above isnt "probably not". Its "absolutely not".

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    The correct answer to the above isnt "probably not". Its "absolutely not".
    As much as I know they would win I would love to go to Tuscaloosa for an NDSU game
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant