Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

Default Re: 2017 Game 3: Robert Morris

That is what the Athletic department should do. They should call from a number that looks like it is coming from Grand Forks, they would definetaly at least pick up the phone then.

They could say they are a college calling from the "State of North Dakota", then start babbling about hockey sticks and pucks, throw in some you know we had a flood comments, maybe a comment about really loving our nickname. By that time the other AD will have started to tune everything out and be salivating all over their desk and will have the contract in the mail. We could maybe buffalo them or.................... Bison them. It might even be good to target a AD that has had any prior work or connection to the outhouse to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    P5 ADs be hanging up when than hear "This is Matt Larsen from North Dakota State" faster than me when I hear "This is John from Microsoft and we've noticed that your computer has a virus" in a thick Indiana accent.
    Damn Hoosier dialect.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Damn Hoosier dialect.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    As much as I know they would win I would love to go to Tuscaloosa for an NDSU game
    So what you're sayin' is....YOU WANT BAMA?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    dont let the forum see this
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    This year's non-conference schedule has been a bit of yawner. Next year doesn't look much better, Delaware and North Alabama (a D-II team) scheduled so far. I'm sure the politics of it all make it difficult, but surely we can do better than this. I'd rather risk a loss to a good FBS team than play only lower level FCS and D-II teams.

Bison 56 - Robert Morris 10. (Scientifically calculated to the highest degree)
    its another embarassment of staying in the 3rd tier of college football GRRR
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    only in photo illustrations
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe you misunderstood my statement about NDSU's AD. Trust me, they're trying. Nobody is saying "yes please" to their requests. Again, NDSU isn't worth an elite P5 school to schedule. Those teams don't want a challenge from any team they pay money to play at home.

I don't understand why you or anyone believes they aren't trying to get a FBS game each year, or at least every other year. I've heard both Jorgensen and Larsen public express their frustrations numerous times over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suspected I might be misunderstanding your post as I read it, although grammatically, it does suggest that both the AD is not wanting to schedule FBS teams, and FBS teams are not wanting to play us.

I tune in once a year from out-of-state for the football games, not for the politics of it all. So forgive me for being a bit out-of-touch on the politics of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    I suspected I might be misunderstanding your post as I read it, although grammatically, it does suggest that both the AD is not wanting to schedule FBS teams, and FBS teams are not wanting to play us.

I tune in once a year from out-of-state for the football games, not for the politics of it all. So forgive me for being a bit out-of-touch on the politics of it all.
    Trust me on this, the NDSU Athletic Department would love to have a FBS game every year. That's a lot of money to help their budget.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Trust me on this, the NDSU Athletic Department would love to have a FBS game every year. That's a lot of money to help their budget.
    All true in spirit, CM, but I think it is more accurate to say that NDSU would love to have an FBS game every OTHER year.

To have an FBS each year (if we could even get it) essentially means, of course, an FBS AWAY game every year. NDSU's highest priority, however, is 6 regular season home games, and both ML and CK (and Gene prior) have made no secret of that. With an FBS EVERY year, that would essentially mean the elimination of any FCS home and home deals (because the year of our return trip to an FCS opponent would mean only 5 home games instead of 6). Therefore and theoretically, NDSU would want an FBS game in the years that they hosted the HOME portion of any "home and home" arrangement, or, in practice, every other year.

I know you know this ............... just wanted to clarify for others.