Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 FBS scores/updates

Default Re: 2017 FBS scores/updates

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    McQuery reported to prosecutors that, when he talked to Tom Bradley about what he had seen in regards to Sandusky, Bradley had told him that Schiano had mentioned seeing something similar years earlier. It's double hearsay, and Bradley didn't cooperate with prosecutors, so that one deposition was as far as it ever went. The current backlash at TN is based on that deposition.
    Its hearsay. To draw a conclusion from it is irresponsible. Nothing more needs to said.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its hearsay. To draw a conclusion from it is irresponsible. Nothing more needs to said.
    That's a wee bit hypocritical considering some other stances you've taken.* There was a poison in that athletic department and everyone who was there has been touched by it. It's perfectly reasonable for another athletic department to want nothing to do with any of it. Again, lay the blame at the right people: Sandusky, Paterno and the Penn State admin who allowed it to happen and covered it up. Ultimately they are responsible for the taint that follows those that were in the program.

Also, hearsay is a perfectly good place to start from. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's false. But you don't automatically dismiss it like you seem to be trying to do. Did McQueary tell the truth on the rest of things, and was it backed up from other sources? History is leaning towards yes. Has anyone come out with proof that directly contradicts what McQueary has testified to? I'm not an expert on the topic, but I haven't heard anything major except from Paterno groupies and Penn State apologists. The only way to confirm the account in this case would be from Bradley or Schiano, and nether of those two can confirm it or they would open themselves up to prosecution and lawsuits themselves. So I'm not going to believe Schiano's guilty, and I'm also not going to believe he's innocent. He's tainted and can't prove he isn't. So it would be my choice to not hire someone tainted and go a different direction.

*Don't ask for quotes and then claim I can't find any when I don't respond. It's after 1am and I'm going to bed. My sleep schedule has been all thrown off by being sick this weekend, but I'm going to try and get some rest before work tomorrow. Probably won't be on much the next few days since I didn't get any of the things done this weekend that I planned to. Just think about your comments on the AGS political board and how you're happy to use hearsay when it supports what you want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Usually you are much more factual than that.
    People in Tennessee are saying that they're upset about him not reporting Sandusky. That's a fact. That is what's happening.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That's a wee bit hypocritical considering some other stances you've taken.* There was a poison in that athletic department and everyone who was there has been touched by it. It's perfectly reasonable for another athletic department to want nothing to do with any of it. Again, lay the blame at the right people: Sandusky, Paterno and the Penn State admin who allowed it to happen and covered it up. Ultimately they are responsible for the taint that follows those that were in the program.

Also, hearsay is a perfectly good place to start from. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's false. But you don't automatically dismiss it like you seem to be trying to do. Did McQueary tell the truth on the rest of things, and was it backed up from other sources? History is leaning towards yes. Has anyone come out with proof that directly contradicts what McQueary has testified to? I'm not an expert on the topic, but I haven't heard anything major except from Paterno groupies and Penn State apologists. The only way to confirm the account in this case would be from Bradley or Schiano, and nether of those two can confirm it or they would open themselves up to prosecution and lawsuits themselves. So I'm not going to believe Schiano's guilty, and I'm also not going to believe he's innocent. He's tainted and can't prove he isn't. So it would be my choice to not hire someone tainted and go a different direction.

*Don't ask for quotes and then claim I can't find any when I don't respond.
    It's after 1am and I'm going to bed. My sleep schedule has been all thrown off by being sick this weekend, but I'm going to try and get some rest before work tomorrow. Probably won't be on much the next few days since I didn't get any of the things done this weekend that I planned to. Just think about your comments on the AGS political board and how you're happy to use hearsay when it supports what you want to believe.
    Really? Where did I ask for a quote and say you couldnt find any?????? You must be more sick and tired than you think. But there is--No reason to be an ass about it.

But thanks (I think) for telling us your tales of woe.

I have to admit Im very surprised that you find it acceptable and reasonable that a persons reputation can be smeared just by the circumstances of his employment on hearsay alone. Does this apply to everyone who was employed at PSU during that time frame? Is that reasonable?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-27-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    People in Tennessee are saying that they're upset about him not reporting Sandusky. That's a fact. That is what's happening.
    I'd bet the farm that if Schiano's name was Urban Meyer they wouldn't be complaining.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd bet the farm that if Schiano's name was Urban Meyer they wouldn't be complaining.
    Right, because Urban Meyer wasnt at Penn state.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I'd say if you were on the coaching staff at the time and didn't report child sexual assault that was happening for decades because you were too busy winning... Then yes, you are a piece of shit who deserve to have his reputation smeared.

I have to say... It's a hell of an out for Tennessee fans considering how many other candidates could potentially revive that program and not be a waste of 4 or 5 years like schiano would've been.

And admittedly.... What if chip Kelly or Scott frost was on the Penn St staff at the time of Sandusky?? Would be interesting to see how volunteer fans would react then.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Right, because Urban Meyer wasnt at Penn state.
    He's saying because hypothetically Urbans a wherever he goes and would bring that to Tennessee despite knowing about Sandusky

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    What if chip Kelly or Scott frost was on the Penn St staff at the time of Sandusky?? Would be interesting to see how volunteer fans would react then.
    If Chip Kelly or Frost were on Penn state staff at that time, I doubt they would be in the positions they are now.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'd say if you were on the coaching staff at the time and didn't report child sexual assault that was happening for decades because you were too busy winning... Then yes, you are a piece of shit who deserve to have his reputation smeared.

I have to say... It's a hell of an out for Tennessee fans considering how many other candidates could potentially revive that program and not be a waste of 4 or 5 years like schiano would've been.

And admittedly.... What if chip Kelly or Scott frost was on the Penn St staff at the time of Sandusky?? Would be interesting to see how volunteer fans would react then.
    Um Joe pa was already covering shit up. Schiano wasn't fucking kids and didn't want to lose his job. Kind of hard to tell anybody about something the people hire up then you are covering up. Twitter is so fucking stupid. It's just another witch roundup thingy.

Lardsin must go!