Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 FBS scores/updates

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 FBS scores/updates

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m not sure how an NDSU fan can justify voicing Alabama fatigue when they root for a more dominate team from a more dominate conference.
    You continue to compare apples and oranges. FBS is not FCS. The Dr. Pepper postseason is not NCAA sanctioned and is centered around generating revenue rather than a true championship. The whole thing is a sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I would have taken Auburn too. Just tired of Alabama getting preferential treatment because they’re Alabama.

Yes, tOSU had an ugly extra lost, but they won their conference, which has been playing lights out so far in the Bowl season (amazing what happens when the goofers aren’t allowed to screw things up). To me, one extra lost is not as big of an issue as not being good enough to play in a conference game. That’s the deciding factor between the two teams as both were 3-1 against ranked teams in the regular season.

I’m not sure who had the tougher schedule, but Mercer can’t be helping the Crimson Tide. With that said, I hope Clemson rocks Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but to be honest, if OSU or Wisconsin are in the playoff, that knocks every other B1G bowl game participant down one notch in quality. I don't think they do as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    You continue to compare apples and oranges. FBS is not FCS. The Dr. Pepper postseason is not NCAA sanctioned and is centered around generating revenue rather than a true championship. The whole thing is a sham.
    Not sure what any of that has to do with folks being tired of watching the best teams play each other. Trying to parse your position: is Alabama in your opinion not one of the 4 best teams? If people are sick of them no matter how good they are why does the committee for entertaining football keep picking them when they don’t have to?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Not sure what any of that has to do with folks being tired of watching the best teams play each other. Trying to parse your position: is Alabama in your opinion not one of the 4 best teams? If people are sick of them no matter how good they are why does the committee for entertaining football keep picking them when they don’t have to?
    Honestly, I don’t feel Alabama is as good as they are portrayed by the media, nor is the SEC. A few years ago, yes, both could lay claim as the best. Since then, both have been surpassed in my opinion.

Of course, Alabama and Georgia can prove me wrong on Monday.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What do you do when an independent team like Notre Dame beats conference champions?
    Dont care about the domers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont care about the domers.
    Independents don’t belong in the conversation. Neither do G5 programs.

8 is the logical playoff field.

Whether or not they are is certainly debatable. Even if they win the national title you can argue that doesn't make them the most deserving to be there now, any given Saturday and all that. Plus they played one less quality game which was due to their failing. This is why I maintain that if you are going to limit your participants to four, they should all be conference champs.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Whether or not they are is certainly debatable. Even if they win the national title you can argue that doesn't make them the most deserving to be there now, any given Saturday and all that. Plus they played one less quality game which was due to their failing. This is why I maintain that if you are going to limit your participants to four, they should all be conference champs.
    I guess I’m just not sure how you’ve concluded that the 5 conference champions are automatically the five most deserving teams and therefore the only ones who should be considered for selection.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I guess I’m just not sure how you’ve concluded that the 5 conference champions are automatically the five most deserving teams and therefore the only ones who should be considered for selection.
    Because they won their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Independents don’t belong in the conversation. Neither do G5 programs.

8 is the logical playoff field.

Independents and G5 definitely merit discussion.

BYU/Army/UMass dont play enough good teams, but the domers do. If they somehow(however unlikely) go 11-1 or 12-0 it'd be damn hard to keep them out, depending who the loss was to.

If you go to 8 teams, which it already kinda is sorta, the argument to leave out independents and G5 teams goes from not very good to completely terrible.

You gonna tell a 12-0 team with wins over SC, Stanford, Michigan, Va Tech, and Florida St/Clemson/Miami that they aren't in the playoff because they aren't in a conference?

Say Houston goes out and beats OU, Auburn, and Florida St in a year they are all good.... would be very tough to tell them they aren't deserving.
    College of Business Alumnus