Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 FBS scores/updates

Default Re: 2017 FBS scores/updates

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It was still a good football game. What did you watch on Thursday night?
    The wolves...kingsmen 2 and Detroit
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    The wolves...kingsmen 2 and Detroit
    Zzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzz
    So 2 teen ranked teams that have no sniff at any championship is more exciting? Did you get a gift bag?

So 2 teen ranked teams that have no sniff at any championship is more exciting? Did you get a gift bag?
    Do you even like football? I guess I like matchups that won't happen in the regular season that produce good games. I'm not a TCU or Stanford fan, but I'm a football fan.

This "boring bowl" crap goes a little too far. Fine, you don't want to watch MTSU vs EMU, or whatever, I get it. But c'mon, if you are a football fan, there are still some intriguing matchups. A championship isn't the end-all be-all in sports. You watch the NCAA tournament right? 50+ of those teams have zero chance at a championship, but I'm sure you still watch those 2 vs 15 matchups.

It's like going to the prom with an ugly girl and pretending like the hot girl you stare at would be a bad date because of her "personality". You don't have to tear down FBS bowl games for FCS to be a solid product. They aren't mutually exclusive.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Do you even like football? I guess I like matchups that won't happen in the regular season that produce good games. I'm not a TCU or Stanford fan, but I'm a football fan.

This "boring bowl" crap goes a little too far. Fine, you don't want to watch MTSU vs EMU, or whatever, I get it. But c'mon, if you are a football fan, there are still some intriguing matchups. A championship isn't the end-all be-all in sports. You watch the NCAA tournament right? 50+ of those teams have zero chance at a championship, but I'm sure you still watch those 2 vs 15 matchups.

It's like going to the prom with an ugly girl and pretending like the hot girl you stare at would be a bad date because of her "personality". You don't have to tear down FBS bowl games for FCS to be a solid product. They aren't mutually exclusive.
    It can be pretty fun when the ugly girl and hot girl play against each other and it turns into a game.*

*Would have said get it on...but then we'd loose izzy.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

More exciting than the wolves blowing a 20 point lead and losing? Yes.

I watched the wolves on one window and the bowl game on another on my cpu. Lots of people who gamble on bowl games actually do care. Like I said a few days ago...find a group that puts money on the ESPN bowl pick em game and you'll find yourself watching Arkansas st vs mtsu the whole game

And I hate to pop your fcs is better than fbs bubble here.. but all bowl games have been better than all fcs playoff games.

More exciting than the wolves blowing a 20 point lead and losing? Yes.

I watched the wolves on one window and the bowl game on another on my cpu. Lots of people who gamble on bowl games actually do care. Like I said a few days ago...find a group that puts money on the ESPN bowl pick em game and you'll find yourself watching Arkansas st vs mtsu the whole game

And I hate to pop your fcs is better than fbs bubble here.. but all bowl games have been better than all fcs playoff games.
    I never said FCS was better. Im saying the bowl system is junk. Its a joke. This one was better than most so far in terms of matchup...but again...they are playing for nothing. Oh...the gamblers...they are playing for the gamblers.

I never said FCS was better. Im saying the bowl system is junk. Its a joke. This one was better than most so far in terms of matchup...but again...they are playing for nothing. Oh...the gamblers...they are playing for the gamblers.
    It's a joke because you don't find it interesting or entertaining? but you add your 2 cents that nobody cares unless you're affiliated with the schools...so I say try playing games with the bowl games and you can have fun with it.

That makes you get passive aggressive with me saying it's all about the gamblers.

Let me guess...ohio st vs usc tonight is going to suck?

It's a joke because you don't find it interesting or entertaining? but you add your 2 cents that nobody cares unless you're affiliated with the schools...so I say try playing games with the bowl games and you can have fun with it.

That makes you get passive aggressive with me saying it's all about the gamblers.

Let me guess...ohio st vs usc tonight is going to suck?
    It's sad that those two teams last night had no shot at championship. Same with osu usc tonight. They aren't playing for anything and they should be. The lower bowls are even worse. I might watch the game tonight. Not saying I won't. I'm saying the bowl system is a joke. It's a consolation prize. Saying your team made a bowl is thrown around like it's some sort of big deal when in reality it's not. The bowl system is used to placate teams that won't ever sniff a championship and they trick themselves into believing they are playing for something.

Gift bags.

The Bowls were a lot better before there were so many of them. I preferred the traditional conference matchups on New Years Day, the way it was pre-BCS. I actually liked the voting in two different polls and the possibility of split championships (I know some hated that). They moved away from all that but have not yet embraced a legitimate playoff so......they're half pregnant which is never good.

All that said, there are still some interesting matchups in bowl games, just probably less than half are interesting.

God I'm old. Get off my lawn.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!