Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

Default Re: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The end zone play was really the only play all day that really irked me. Whether it was designed that way or Dunn tried to bounce it outside, either way it is on the coaches for not calling a play up the middle or making sure Dunn knows to take it up the middle, no matter what.

There aren't many teams who can cover our receivers man to man with no safety help and that is exactly what Missouri State did. They stacked the box so tight, it was pick the matchup you wanted to exploit and go for it. It worked on just about every single play. 15/21 passing and I know for sure of the Shepherd and Illies drops. One incomplete at the feet of Illies avoiding pressure. One overthrow to Shepherd on a play where the safety actually did go with him. Incomplete to Bruce and RJ someplace in the game. One incomplete I can't account for. That is pretty sick. The Bison took what the defense game them, still ran the ball to keep the box stacked with a lot of success, and really only had the endzone play that was questionable. I would have rather seen them try to pass than run outside in that situation.

If this is how opponents want to play the Bison this year, then by all means, I fully expect the same type of game plan.
    Exactly! Both Bruce and Lance averaged more than 9 ypc against those loaded boxes. Outside of the brutal 2nd quarter the offense played very well yesterday and even if you factor in the bad 2nd quarter I'd still give them a B for the game.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I like vanilla from coldstone.

Lardsin must go!

I have really enjoyed the play calling this year. The RB seem to get a series of plays instead of one play and then out. Would like to see lore Cain and Engel but I do understand RJ and shep are the guys right now. I think we have used TR more like his than all of last year. Mess is not trying to out think the other team like TP used to try and do all the time.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have really enjoyed the play calling this year. The RB seem to get a series of plays instead of one play and then out. Would like to see lore Cain and Engel but I do understand RJ and shep are the guys right now. I think we have used TR more like his than all of last year. Mess is not trying to out think the other team like TP used to try and do all the time.
    Well stated. This sums it all up. They are taking what the defense is giving them. There is less of a forced feel to anything. Even times when it seems they could be setting up something later doesn't seem to be a throw away play. You can do both. You can pull defenses into a certain look and be productive.

I think the Bison offense is still a work in progress, but I like they are not forcing the same thing over and over again trying to will a different result. Yesterday they showed you can break a team in other ways.

I see this thread and I realize that I really haven't thought about the play call that much this year. And that's a good thing. I'm sure if you went back to previous years you'd see me bitching about this or that but this year, not so much. I do also think the we haven't really been tested either but so far, I'm liking this offense.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Just thought I would leave this here......

CHAD LEISTIKOW

Leistikow: Iowa football's run game is broken, and it's a big problem
    http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/spo...kow/719776001/

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    One game where I dont want Easton throwing the ball is against JackRabbits. Against the Jacks we need to run-run-run chew up the clock and keep their high octane Tyrn Christensen-Jake Wieneke-Dallas Goedert offense off the field. Easton throwing the ball might back fire on us while playing the Jacks.
    Funny, I remember Easton making some good passes last year on 3rd and long last year against the Jacks. We had success through the air against them.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Funny, I remember Easton making some good passes last year on 3rd and long last year against the Jacks. We had success through the air against them.
    Agreed. We need to keep their air raid offense on the sidelines for extended period of time. Here's Stig post game interview,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQdkakzEYBM

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...iar/720978001/
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 10-02-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I see this thread and I realize that I really haven't thought about the play call that much this year. And that's a good thing. I'm sure if you went back to previous years you'd see me bitching about this or that but this year, not so much. I do also think the we haven't really been tested either but so far, I'm liking this offense.
    This should change this week. Even though as a team Indiana St isn't very good their run defense is stout. They're tied for 20th in the FCS allowing only 2.97 ypc on the year. They shut down Illinois St's rushing attack yesterday limiting them to 56 yards on 36 carries. Robert Morris is statistically the best run defense the Bison have faced this year and they're at roughly 80th in the FCS allowing 4.33 ypc (but the dominant Bison run game has inflated all of their opponents run defense numbers at this early point in the season).

It'll be interesting to see if Messingham and the Bison run game can keep things rolling this upcoming Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I like Mess a ton. He actually figured out how to defeat defenses who crash the middle without taking a half to adjust. His use of outside runs is simple yet effective.

I love the 3 running back set. The long Bruce run was so awesome with Lance and Cofield executing 2 beautiful cut blocks. It was a beautiful thing to see. Then Bruce catches a pass in the same formation.

I like how he seems to get the TEs involved in the offense
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-02-2017 at 12:54 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com