Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

Default Re: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Of all the things that could be criticized today, missed xp, fumbles...the last thing on my mind was play calling. Hell they even went for it on a 4th. Even though we fumbled.
    Well when you run the ball and rip off 60 yards on the first drive then get to the red zone and start passing? Yeah that was a head scratcher. I mean we got what.....3 first downs on 3 plays?
    When you have a team on their heels you.keep hammering them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wow, that was some borrrrring offensive play calling.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

30 runs in 1 half????

this guy makes Vigen look like "chuck the pigskin"
    Are you advocating Big Fluffy football style of play for NDSU? I hope not. All that high flying offense means jack squat come playoff time against a physical ground and pound team.

Yea I hate watching our line destroy guys and Bruce run over people. It's so boring to only score 40 points. We should throw it 3 plays then punt. Quit using plays that work and break the other teams will, that's just silly.

What a moronic thread.....nothing unusual for lil lakes.

Running game was working....stick with it.

I find 7 yards a carry between Bruce and Lance way more exciting than chucking the ball every other play. I actually enjoy watching EWU pass because watching their QB run for his life is exciting.

Ewu 4.5 yards per pass
    Ndsu 6.0 yards per rush

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

TOP: 42:40.

A team simply cannot lose a game possessing the ball for nearly 43 minutes.

I like wins.

Nothing wrong with the game plan for yesterday, but if the Bison offense becomes predictable and shows no downfield threat the 3 and outs will happen too often and that great Bison defense will get worn out. I think the Bison can beat any team in college football if they have the capability to mix in and complete some good mid to deep pass plays.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Nothing wrong with the game plan for yesterday, but if the Bison offense becomes predictable and shows no downfield threat the 3 and outs will happen too often and that great Bison defense will get worn out. I think the Bison can beat any team in college football if they have the capability to mix in and complete some good mid to deep pass plays.
    Desmond Cain. Mvfv newcomer of the year. Just saving him for conference play.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I thought pass protection was pretty rough yesterday. The Rams did a great job run blocking but Stick was getting harrassed pretty good unless the ball was out immediately after he hit his drop. Improve the pass protection a bit and the offensive balance will come.

In a homage to Matthew Berry's "You heard me" here's mine following the first couple games of the year. I think this year NDSU has the best set of pass catching WRs and TEs they've ever had. RJ, Shepherd, Dez Cain, Illies, Jenson, and Wentz are better than any top 6 the Bison have ever thrown out there in terms of receivers. You heard me. Give Stick time and those guys will make great plays for him.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Desmond Cain. Mvfv newcomer of the year. Just saving him for conference play.
    He must have some break away speed....Seems like opponents love to hold that guy. He has been targeted 4 or 5 times and 2 called penalties with a 3rd missed call