Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Messingham Orders Vanilla at Coldstone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The thing is... they were there. SDSU jumped routes early (one should have been a pick 6). Underthrown balls + two PI’s not called. Stick is either hurt (left leg) or forgets about mechanics.
    So tired of hearing Stick is hurt..if he's hurt then get him the hell out of there. If he isn't hurt then he just isn't a very good passer.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    So tired of hearing Stick is hurt..if he's hurt then get him the hell out of there. If he isn't hurt then he just isn't a very good passer.
    He's not hurt, they are just using that excuse to protest his psyche
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Based on what, one game? A lot of college QB's aren't very good passers and Stick is probably better than most QB's because there is a lot more to it than passing.

I may be wrong and need to pay more attention, but do we not run as many crossing routes as in years past? We run a lot of outs, comebacks, and hitches, which may be a reason for passing game struggles. Why not get RJ in the slot more?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I may be wrong and need to pay more attention, but do we not run as many crossing routes as in years past? We run a lot of outs, comebacks, and hitches, which may be a reason for passing game struggles. Why not get RJ in the slot more?
    And then throw the slant to RJ. He isn't Ryan Smith fast but still can run and catch a slant. Like you said, too many long developing sideline routs and passes with no high rewards for our O. Routs need to be more QB friendly with possession passes.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I don’t understand the out routes. Many NFL QBs don’t have the arm strength to be consistently successful, but the Bison keep doing it. Outside of Wentz, we really haven’t had QB good enough to do it. Maybe Walker, but that was before the internet allowed me to watch NDSU football every week.

We’re seeing more passes over the middle this season, but not enough in my opinion.

Also, for the deep throws, the Bison need to scrap that until they are up by more than two TDS. Most of the time, especially lately, the ball is underthrown. Sometimes it is overthrown, but so badly that everyone, including the defense, just gives up on the play. On the chance the ball is catchable, our WRs aren’t fighting enough for the ball like RJ did last year to steal an INT from EWU.

Things on offense are out of whack right now, especially the run to throw ratio. I believe the team will get this issues fixed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

We got down and it was like Mess panicked and went all Big Sky on us. Sounds like a good time for our head coach to teach his OC the Bison way.

As with Wentz and the Eagles, Stick and the Bison need a more dominant X receiver if they want more success on these sideline throws against man coverage. Still don't think they have the personnel to use those throws as a strategy against defenses stacking the box and playing press man unfortunately.

I hope Messingham eats nothing but vanilla all week... Hold the sprinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I hope Messingham eats nothing but vanilla all week... Hold the sprinkles.
    He definitely doesn't get sprinkles. He should get plain yogurt.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯