Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Eastern Washington

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I agree Dunn and Anderson look great. They are healthy and look as tho they have each put on 5-10 pounds. Also agree it's good to give them series of carries, etc. That said, go back and watch, in slow-mo if you can, they play of our O-line. They played fantastic. There were dozens of initial double teams and then one would peel off to the next level at the perfect time as the RB hit the hole. Think of beauty, we saw the results, and RBs benefited--not to mention they were physical as well.
    Cas you mentioned how the jmu rb liked to "party" which was in reference to his overall physicality and ability. Would you put Dunn and Bruce in that category?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like what I've seen from the run game and our RB's but I'm going to hold back some of my enthusiasm until we play a real defense. We still don't really know how good our run game will be though I love what they have done through 2 games. I think one of the most exciting things about last game was the play of Nate Jensen. He's big, athletic, can block and had some very important receptions and a couple of them were not easy grabs. He looks like he could be a big time breakout player

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Cas you mentioned how the jmu rb liked to "party" which was in reference to his overall physicality and ability. Would you put Dunn and Bruce in that category?
    Not yet, but that may be coming. JMU RB carried ball and himself with a tude, as did there DBs coming in to Fargo. I see a collision course for JMU and us coming in playoffs. I also felt our D in that game played a step slow for whatever reason, and there was not enough time to adjust. We underestimated there entire team IMO. I played in games like this, and it takes coaches and D leaders to get people playing fast and with tude if you didn't start that way. Gotta knock it up another level if you can. We didn't with JMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not yet, but that may be coming. JMU RB carried ball and himself with a tude, as did there DBs coming in to Fargo. I see a collision course for JMU and us coming in playoffs. I also felt our D in that game played a step slow for whatever reason, and there was not enough time to adjust. We underestimated there entire team IMO. I played in games like this, and it takes coaches and D leaders to get people playing fast and with tude if you didn't start that way. Gotta knock it up another level if you can. We didn't with JMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kids seem to excel in "reckoning" games. I want this to happen.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Just curious if this is considered liking to party?

Lardsin must go!

Eastern Washington may catch a break in that Fordham's A-A RB, Chase Edmonds, may not have play this week against EWU after suffering ankle and hamstring injuries last week. Has about 5400 yards rushing in his career.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a fun road trip that was!! Wasn't quite the same without my dad along, but I made the most of it. Great game! Down 2 all Americans on defense and we still held them to 13 points. Nice to see some familiar faces in the tailgate lot prior to kickoff, Tatanka, PL, StL and Pyro. Had a really nice conversation with another Bisonville member, my first time meeting him and he's got a great story of his life up to this point. Thanks for sharing and hang in there!! Made stops in Theodore, Mt. Rainier and Yellowstone National Parks with plenty of hiking in each. Spent a few days in Seattle and did the Space Needle, had lunch at Pike Place Market, went on the Seattle Underground tour, and rode the Kingston Ferry across Puget Sound a couple of times with seals, jelly fish and whale sightings. The platform bed worked out great, slept on it at a rest area east of Missoula on my way home and also in an RV park in Cody, WY.

Sure am proud, bunch of young men with some great character representing the Bison. In the face of adversity, they believe in the next man up and it shows...not just something they say. And walking out of there as a fan without having to say a thing is great, acting like we've seen/done this before.

Go Bison!!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Eastern Washington did rebound from the loss to NDSU to defeat Fordham 56-21. School record 10 sacks, even though they played without DT Jay-Tee Tiuli. 650 yards offense. Only 3000 at the game in the Bronx. Next game: the Griz in Missoula. Eagles & Fighting Hawks still on pace to contend for the Big Sky title......

http://www.goeags.com/news/2017/9/16...over-rams.aspx