Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Eastern Washington

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Night and day from last year. Couldn't understand why our RB's were constantly running into the backside of our O linemen last year. This year lots of actually setting up the block. New OC? No Polasek? How many 40+ yard runs did we have last year? Zero?
    In all honesty, I really did not think last year’s O line was all that great.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    In all honesty, I really did not think last year’s O line was all that great.
    I don't disagree. It seemed like the talent was there but there was a certain nastiness missing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I don't disagree. It seemed like the talent was there but there was a certain nastiness missing.

This!!^^^^^ Too much bullshit with Polasek offense. Just dumb he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Last year I saw a lot more teams dline cutting our oline and making piles at the point of attack. Went to turtle mode to keep from getting blown back. Seems like MVSU and EWU just kind of took the beating and got pushed back. Wonder what other teams will do going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Last year I saw a lot more teams dline cutting our oline and making piles at the point of attack. Went to turtle mode to keep from getting blown back. Seems like MVSU and EWU just kind of took the beating and got pushed back. Wonder what other teams will do going forward.
    I believe NDSU has been called once in each game for a chop block. Do our players not understand the proper way to do it. Why do other teams not get called for it when to me they do the exact same thing to us. I must be missing something. I am not a football official, but I do play one in the stands.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I believe NDSU has been called once in each game for a chop block. Do our players not understand the proper way to do it. Why do other teams not get called for it when to me they do the exact same thing to us. I must be missing something. I am not a football official, but I do play one in the stands.
    I'm sure our team understands what a "chop" block is and that they should not do it. I think a lot of chop blocks happen unintentionally because of D-Lineman doing hard slants into legal cut blocks. Even if the "high-low" block wasn't intentional it gets flagged these days.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I'm sure our team understands what a "chop" block is and that they should not do it. I think a lot of chop blocks happen unintentionally because of D-Lineman doing hard slants into legal cut blocks. Even if the "high-low" block wasn't intentional it gets flagged these days.
    Almost every chop block I call there is a conversation between the two players indicating one had the assignment wrong and often based on a misread they had of the defense. I doubt it's ever intentional. This is when it happens between two linemen. The other example is a back coming up to cut someone and not knowing the fact the defender is also engaged high results in a foul, or he starts his cut and a lineman comes off his original block to chip the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

As much has it pains me to say it, I am not sure if the talent was there. Unless I am mistaken no real NFL looks (less one) Again If I recall correct everyone was saying all three seniors would be in the nfl or at least get a shot. Maybe Cass is correct and it was TP, but it seems more like last years O line sneiors were not as talented as we thought they were. I dunno, at times they showed dominance others not so much.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I'm by no means an expert on the offensive line, but if you have a a ratio of inside to outside runs that is close to 50/50, doesn't that make trying to cut offensive linemen a little more difficult/risky??? Experts???
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The illegal block below the waist called on Brock Robbins in the MVSU game appeared to be nothing more than Brock falling down at the feet of the DB.