Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Deluca

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nick Deluca

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We still had them during the championship run...Grant Olson and Travis Beck off the top of my head.
    Carson Wentz... you are correct. Just meant the high number. The timing of those seemed to not hurt us because someone filled those holes well. We will see how this year ends up.

Well, this is a kick in the balls.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

You guys are fucking with me, right?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On a team that I legitimately hate the two players I absolutely love to watch play are done for the year.... this is horrible news. Hopefully both can fully recover.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Carson Wentz... you are correct. Just meant the high number. The timing of those seemed to not hurt us because someone filled those holes well. We will see how this year ends up.
    If there is any team that is deep enough to overcome this, it's us. To start camp we were so deep it's almost unfair.

Where this really hurts us in nickel pass coverage. Matt Plank is great vs the run so well need to find someone to man the middle in nickel like Carlton Littlejohn did. Someone who can tackle and cover.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep.

2012: Colten Heagle and Leevon Perry
    2013: Grant Olson
    2014: Zack Johnson and Travis Beck
    2015: Carson Wentz

But the only injury I've felt as sick about as this last one for Deluca is Wentz.
    I'm with you on that. Such bright futures for both and their actual time spend playing here was so limited. Worked out well for Carson, hopefully it will work out well for Deluca.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you Deluca for being someone I looked forward to watching every game. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope an NFL team sees your talent and gives you the shot you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If there is any team that is deep enough to overcome this, it's us. To start camp we were so deep it's almost unfair.

Where this really hurts us in nickel pass coverage. Matt Plank is great vs the run so well need to find someone to man the middle in nickel like Carlton Littlejohn did. Someone who can tackle and cover.
    As bad as I feel for Deluca this is going to be the immediate concern against a team like EWU. It would be great if Board could move over to WLB and allow Cox to step in at SLB but I doubt either of those guys would be ready for that on such short notice. I would guess it'll be Plank and Board out there in the nickel instead and hope for the best.

Wow, feel terrible for Nick.

This stinks, I hope he has a speedy recovery. Rivalry or not, I don't like seeing these kids going down. They've all worked so hard. Best of luck Nick!