Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injurys

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Sorry to hear about your injuries. Fortunate you have the dept you do, an envey of many teams.
    Thanks for your concern. You certainly have a different tone or maybe "hate" toward NDSU on ss.com. Injuries happen to everyone. Very much part of the game. Stinks for the kid. Nobody is going to feel sorry for NDSU. Some years are worse than others. Hope the special teams can remain strong. This is an early season test for sure.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

It sounded like the wanted to keep connor inside to use his sizr at guard. Hopefully Cordell volson is ready as he was another big recruit with fbs offers. Him and bacon will probably get the first chance at winning the job and keeping connor at guard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Thanks for your concern. You certainly have a different tone or maybe "hate" toward NDSU on ss.com. Injuries happen to everyone. Very much part of the game. Stinks for the kid. Nobody is going to feel sorry for NDSU. Some years are worse than others. Hope the special teams can remain strong. This is an early season test for sure.
    I just don't wish injuries on anyone.
    I'm a UND fan, no secret there, have many friends and relatives that are alumni of NDSU, went to many games at NDSU, not all football, and plan to continue.
    I don't hate NDSU, the state of ND is very fortunate to have NDSU. When trolls respond in a negative way toward UND on ss.com, I shoot arrows back. You guys do the same to me on Bisonville.com, although I'll add my personal message box on here contains some messages that I would not send to someone. Rivalries are a lot of fun and ribbing the other team is great. Remember the days of ribbing without the interent, fans mostly got along. There's still the real world out there after the football game. Good luck in E. Wash.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

I'm a UND fan, no secret there, have many friends and relatives that are alumni of NDSU, went to many games at NDSU, not all football, and plan to continue.
    I don't hate NDSU, the state of ND is very fortunate to have NDSU. When trolls respond in a negative way toward UND on ss.com, I shoot arrows back. You guys do the same to me on Bisonville.com, although I'll add my personal message box on here contains some messages that I would not send to someone. Rivalries are a lot of fun and ribbing the other team is great. Remember the days of ribbing without the interent, fans mostly got along. There's still the real world out there after the football game. Good luck in E. Wash.
    SS.com? You F'Hawkers got some explaining to do!!!

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Don't know why Vraa got a waiver. By reading the rules, he shouldn't have.

Here is the main excerpt from the DI manual:
    12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, or its designated committee, by a two-thirds majority of its members present and voting, may approve waivers of the five-year rule as it deems appropriate.

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. A waiver of the five-year period of eligibility is designed to provide a student-athlete with the opportunity to participate in four seasons of intercollegiate competition within a five-year period. This waiver may be granted, based upon objective evidence, for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution, which deprive the student-athlete of the opportunity to participate for more than one season in his or her sport within the five-year period. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement reserves the right to review requests that do not meet the more-than-one-year criteria detailed in this bylaw for circumstances of extraordinary or extreme hardship. A student-athlete who has exhausted his or her five years of eligibility may continue to practice (but not compete) for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days, provided the student-athlete’s institution has submitted a waiver request. The student-athlete may not commence practice until the institution has filed such a request. Further, if such a request is denied prior to exhausting the 30-day practice period, the student-athlete must cease all practice activities upon the institution’s notification of the denial.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control. Circumstances considered to be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution and do not cause a participation opportunity to be used shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
    (a) Situations clearly supported by contemporaneous medical documentation, which states that a student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate competition as a result of incapacitating physical or mental circumstances;
    (b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation;
    (c) Reliance by the student-athlete upon written, contemporaneous, clearly erroneous academic advice provided to the student-athlete from a specific academic authority from a collegiate institution regarding the academic status of the student-athlete or prospective student-athlete, which directly leads to that individual not being eligible to participate and, but for the clearly erroneous advice, the student-athlete would have established eligibility for intercollegiate competition;
    (d) Natural disasters (e.g., earthquake, flood); and
    (e) Extreme financial difficulties as a result of a specific event (e.g., layoff, death in the family) experienced by the student-athlete or by an individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent, which prohibit the student-athlete from participating in intercollegiate athletics. These circumstances must be clearly supported by objective documentation (e.g., decree of bankruptcy, proof of termination) and must be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent.

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control. Circumstances that are considered to be within the control of the student-athlete or the institution and cause a participation opportunity to be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
    (a) A student-athlete’s decision to attend an institution that does not sponsor his/her sport, or decides not to participate at an institution that does sponsor his/her sport;
    (b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;
    (c) Reliance by a student-athlete upon misinformation from a coaching staff member;
    (d) Redshirt year;
    (e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration of eligibility; and
    (f) A student-athlete’s lack of understanding regarding the specific starting date of his or her five-year period of eligibility.
    I'm not quite sure I understand why this rule would dictate that Radunz can't get a 6th year in 2021 if he applies after the 2020 season. It reads to me as you apply after your 5 years of eligibility are up. Vraa wasn't the first one to take advantage of this. Off the top of my head I can recall Kevin Vaadeland (in 2014 maybe???) and Shamen Washington in 2007-2008ish.

Any word on Ross Godfrey? The collision looked pretty devastating for a guy his size taking on big dude and probably ended up with a concussion as a result.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand why this rule would dictate that Radunz can't get a 6th year in 2021 if he applies after the 2020 season. It reads to me as you apply after your 5 years of eligibility are up. Vraa wasn't the first one to take advantage of this. Off the top of my head I can recall Kevin Vaadeland (in 2014 maybe???) and Shamen Washington in 2007-2008ish.
    I'll strip it down to the minimum.

12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement may approve waivers of the five-year rule

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. This waiver may be granted for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control.
    (a) A student-athlete is unable to participate as a result of incapacitating physical circumstances (AKA: injury)

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control.
    (d) Redshirt year

Vraa was able to do it because he was injured as a true freshman before the season started. So that counted as a true medical redshirt year as opposed to a developmental redshirt year. The exact same thing happened to Vaadeland. Shamen played as a true freshman and never developmentally redshirted. He got his 6th year because he lost all of his third year and most of his fifth year due to injury(he also lost a third of his first year). If Radunz didn't play last year because of injury(don't think that was the case), then he could get an extra year, but if he was healthy last year and didn't play purely due to developmental reasons, then he's SOL.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 09-06-2017 at 01:54 AM.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How did Deluca get a medical redshirt? He never redshirted so he qualified since he only played 3 games last year?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    How did Deluca get a medical redshirt? He never redshirted so he qualified since he only played 3 games last year?
    Yes............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so I'll skip the "personal message box" and tell you to fuck off