Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Seems to me it's been at every level I've watched, and not just an NDSU problem. Keyword being "seems," as I don't have data to back my impression.
    i think it goes back to what we were saying earleir.....the bodies structure is not keeping up with the speed and strength we are producing.

plus we have lowered our hit zone to limit concussions. gotta think that plays a part.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i think it goes back to what we were saying earleir.....the bodies structure is not keeping up with the speed and strength we are producing.

plus we have lowered our hit zone to limit concussions. gotta think that plays a part.
    A group of us were talking about this a couple of weeks ago, funny it's not talked about more?
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post

Training could be producing unbalanced strength. I have wondered about that with Bridgewater. He was certainly looking bigger and stronger when he got to camp in 2016 and then the freak injury. It's already been mentioned how important adequate rest is. It's also important to build strength in all joint movements to protect that joint, rather than just those that make you faster or stronger in one particular plane of motion. When you have limited time to make gains, that could get neglected. And not necessarily even by the coaches, but by players cutting corners.

I don't know what their program is, and I don't even know if it's really an issue at all or just perception and/or fuzzy memories. Just speculation.

JUST in regards to the ACL tears:

According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, about 70 percent of ACL injuries in athletes happen through mechanisms such as pivoting, cutting, sidestepping, out of control play or awkward landings, while about 30 percent of ACL injuries occur from contact with other players.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    JUST in regards to the ACL tears:

According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, about 70 percent of ACL injuries in athletes happen through mechanisms such as pivoting, cutting, sidestepping, out of control play or awkward landings, while about 30 percent of ACL injuries occur from contact with other players.
    I have noticed quite a few Achilles ruptures as well this year across football (maybe that's because I just blew mine) as this applies to this injury as well.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I have noticed quite a few Achilles ruptures as well this year across football (maybe that's because I just blew mine) as this applies to this injury as well.
    Fatigue fatigue fatigue fatigue fatigue.