Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injurys

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Hate to ask this and don't flame me...it seems like we have had more than our fair share of injuries in the dome. Anything to do with the magic carpet we play on or just pure bad luck?
    The old turf was way worse, same system MANY schools use, I think the Alerus has had it since 2013

its bad luck
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    The old turf was way worse, same system MANY schools use, I think the Alerus has had it since 2013

its bad luck
    is the turf that's in the dome the same as the stuff they use on outdoor fields? If it's not how is it different?

can a mod fix the title of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    is the turf that's in the dome the same as the stuff they use on outdoor fields? If it's not how is it different?

can a mod fix the title of the thread?
    Practice field is the same, they screwed up on it and NDSU got it for cheap, they replaced the FD stuff. Dont remember the exact reason but yes they are the same

Edit: found the article

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/...ng-new-surface
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

These injuries suck this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    These injuries suck this early in the season.
    They suck regardless of when. Next man up. Full recovery guys and Jaxon see you yet this year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They suck regardless of when. Next man up. Full recovery guys and Jaxon see you yet this year.
    Tough to see these guys go down so early. Good thing we have depth on the offensive line. Be interesting to see if they keep connor inside or if cordel volson gets to play left tackle

stupid game, stupid injuries.. just embarrassing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Hate to ask this and don't flame me...it seems like we have had more than our fair share of injuries in the dome. Anything to do with the magic carpet we play on or just pure bad luck?
    I'm not sure if the injury rate, especially in regards to ACLs, on the newer turf is higher or lower than older turfs, but if it is higher, I would take a look at the type of cleats first. Unfortunately, ACL injuries are an easy injury to obtain in many sports due to the natural design of the knee.
    Hail the BISON!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know a few people have posted that Radunz can't get a medical year. I was under the assumption that he could apply for a hardship after his senior year. Wasn't this the path Vraa took to get his 6th year? I thought he redshirted as well, and not due to injury....

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sure if the injury rate, especially in regards to ACLs, on the newer turf is higher or lower than older turfs, but if it is higher, I would take a look at the type of cleats first. Unfortunately, ACL injuries are an easy injury to obtain in many sports due to the natural design of the knee.
    Guys are bigger faster stronger but the knee hasn't kept up with the changes unfortunately.