Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injurys

This sucks majorly. I think what sucks the most is that these are practice injuries. I would be willing to bet these guys would much rather at least have these happen when giving their all and in a game rather than in some drill. Sucks.

I tend to agree with bisonmike2. I am really tired of the "next man up". Karma I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    This sucks majorly. I think what sucks the most is that these are practice injuries. I would be willing to bet these guys would much rather at least have these happen when giving their all and in a game rather than in some drill. Sucks.

I tend to agree with bisonmike2. I am really tired of the "next man up". Karma I guess.
    meniscus tear

Default Re: Bison Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why do I feel we we had a rash of ACL tears on WBB team many years back and inquiry into possible reasons was done with an eye toward S&C changes?

Even if that is not an accurate recollection, that needs to be done here. None (as I recall/understand) of these ACL tears this year and last have been from direct contact to the knee: rather, they have occurred from planting foot, making a cut, or when under stress from blocking or attempts to gain leverage. NDSU needs to look into this, and quickly IMO. Something isn't right in my mind anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Non contact is how ACL's are usually injured. I looked and Purifoys over and over and over, stepping forward with left foot externally rotated, knee flexed with all the weight and muscles pushing forward and to the right. It was just about text book on the position that a ACL can fail and I am sure he had been in that position many many times before. Sometimes injuries just happen.

I have total confidence in our training staff. These are usually just fluke injuries but when you see a flurry of one type of injury I am sure they are looking at their training? Did they change something? Are we seeing a imbalance in muscles on these guys or a lack of proprioceptive training or needing a different type of proprioceptive training? Countless other things. Knowing many people and having sat through many seminars from individuals that are team physicians and trainers for teams from around the country, they take these flurry of injury situations personally and are always looking at what could we do different to change to PREVENT the injuries from happening. Sometimes it is just bad luck but sometimes there are changes that could be done and someone who is a Professional looks into it and trust me our guys are very Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
    meniscus tear
    If that is the case, there is a chance of him coming back this year, unless he doesn't want to risk further injury.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Non contact is how ACL's are usually injured. I looked and Purifoys over and over and over, stepping forward with left foot externally rotated, knee flexed with all the weight and muscles pushing forward and to the right. It was just about text book on the position that a ACL can fail and I am sure he had been in that position many many times before. Sometimes injuries just happen.

I have total confidence in our training staff. These are usually just fluke injuries but when you see a flurry of one type of injury I am sure they are looking at their training? Did they change something? Are we seeing a imbalance in muscles on these guys or a lack of proprioceptive training or needing a different type of proprioceptive training? Countless other things. Knowing many people and having sat through many seminars from individuals that are team physicians and trainers for teams from around the country, they take these flurry of injury situations personally and are always looking at what could we do different to change to PREVENT the injuries from happening. Sometimes it is just bad luck but sometimes there are changes that could be done and someone who is a Professional looks into it and trust me our guys are very Professional.
    @Bold:

I don't know that I can go with ACL's usually being non-contact injuries, but most of our have been.

That is what I am getting at exactly.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

At least nobody has sh*t their pants. Stay focused on the positives

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    At least nobody has sh*t their pants. Stay focused on the positives

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    can't wait for the McFeely column.
    I had to say something. http://www.inforum.com/news/4324781-...-bison-survive
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post

I rewatched the game using my Bison All-Access account. With that version, you can see where Dillon got injured. Basically he's pushing a guy backwards like a Mack Truck versus a Prius and all of sudden he falls down. Didn't look like he took much of lateral cut, just abusing the defender like a man-beast, then done.

I know I posted this earlier, but I feel the cleats might somewhat of an issue. In DeLuca's case, the injury was contact related from what I've heard. Wishing the best for the dude. We have to remember, football is a violent game played by big men, especially at this level. Injuries, sadly, should be expected.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He's not wrong on any of it.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!