Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Let's say Dunn has a hip pointer(it sounds like it's something like that). Is that a week to week type an injury or is this something that sidelines him for a couple games? It'd be nice if he could at least play a little on Saturday to give Bruce a breather. The RB position is going to be interesting from here on out.
    It sure will be. Dimitri Williams was a RB back in high school and Coach mentioned he would be the emergency RB. Maybe Brock Robbins will get some carries.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Sure got thin at RB in a hurry. Here's to hoping Lance and TY can play this week. I'd definitely see what Dimitri can do if it's only Bruce available.

I heard secondhand (so take it for what it's worth) from Ty Brooks parents that he expects to be back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Let's say Dunn has a hip pointer(it sounds like it's something like that). Is that a week to week type an injury or is this something that sidelines him for a couple games? It'd be nice if he could at least play a little on Saturday to give Bruce a breather. The RB position is going to be interesting from here on out.
    Hip pointers suck and are very painful. You can play through it but hip flexibility is kind of a big deal for a running back. Maybe it would need to be shot up with a pain killer but that doesn't last much longer than a half of football.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I heard secondhand (so take it for what it's worth) from Ty Brooks parents that he expects to be back this week.

Hail the BISON!!!

Would like to see Ty Brooks as I think he will light it up when given the chance. The times I have seen him touch the ball he played at a different speed than many around him, he as that extra gear!!!! Bruce will give you the carries and the power. RB is the one area the Bison can get away with some injury. When its a 1st down you need to simply snap it to #12 and clear the middle of the field. Best pure runner on the team.
    Last edited by KNOW IT ALL; 10-23-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add

Will Cole Davis be back this week?

Dunn - MRI today & Coach K said he "thinks" they will get Ty back this week. Coach is "live" now...

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Will Cole Davis be back this week?
    This is probably a much better question to ask. To a point, we can plug and play at RB and even pull a redshirt if needed. One hit to the grape, knee, ribs, etc on Stick would totally derail the season at this point a la Arden Beachy in 1993. A healthy Cole Davis at least gives a guy who can manage a game and produce victories. Maybe not a Natty, but He at least gives us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is probably a much better question to ask. To a point, we can plug and play at RB and even pull a redshirt if needed. One hit to the grape, knee, ribs, etc on Stick would totally derail the season at this point a la Arden Beachy in 1993. A healthy Cole Davis at least gives a guy who can manage a game and produce victories. Maybe not a Natty, but He at least gives us a chance.
    Sounds like he is 2 weeks away at least...