Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Marlette was having such a good start in this season... really feel bad for him. Is he a junior? (eligibility wise) Same class as Steidl, Connor, etc?
    Redshirt junior. Curious if he could get a 6th year via a medical redshirt. Anyone know the rules? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GenX View Post
    Redshirt junior. Curious if he could get a 6th year via a medical redshirt. Anyone know the rules? Thanks in advance.
    No, he already redshirted for non medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GenX View Post
    Highly doubtful. It was explained to me when Deluca got hurt but you can only apply for a medical redshirt if you lose 2 or more seasons due to "circumstances beyond your control". Since Marlette was voluntarily redshirted in 2014 (I believe) that doesn't count towards his 2 seasons. Plus I believe the threshold to consider it a full season lost is 30% of regular season games played or less and Marlette did play in 4 of 11 (36%) regular season games this year.

From Kolpack’s article today

“Klieman said he expects linebacker Matt Plank to return to the field this week. On the flipside, running back Ty Brooks is probably out with a hamstring injury suffered at Indiana State. Receiver Sean Engel missed last week with a leg injury, but is listed as the backup receiver on this week’s depth chart.”

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chris Board has a sprained MCL, week to week, same with Adam Cofield. They are not season ending injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Chris Board has a sprained MCL, week to week, same with Adam Cofield. They are not season ending injuries.
    Good grief, now thin at RB. They need Ty back; I noticed he is on depth chart. Getting Plank and Ty back is imperative at this point.

Plank did come back against YSU at least. I don't recall seeing him out there but he did play according to the participation report. http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2017/indgbg.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Plank did come back against YSU at least. I don't recall seeing him out there but he did play according to the participation report. http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2017/indgbg.htm
    I saw plank in on the goal line touchdown to tie the game. Didn't notice him on any other plays. Maybe special teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I saw plank in on the goal line touchdown to tie the game. Didn't notice him on any other plays. Maybe special teams?
    Coach said he played some special teams to get some rust off. There hoping he can get some good snaps this week. Very thin at LB said Robbie G and Jaylon W would be emergency outside LB's. Ross K also will get looks this week

I am so pissed off with Dan Marlette's injury. I so wanted to see Cox and ND on the sides with DM in the middle