Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Injuries

Default Re: Bison Injurys

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This sucks. The good news is Connor played every game at LT last year so we will be solid there. I'm more concerned about LG where we are way less experienced now but we have some options. Curious if we make any changes to get the best 5 on the field like moving Kuhnert back to LG... But then our RG will be thinner. Need Messner and Ziemer to step up. Good news is Ziemer is a 5th year senior which is valuable but he just hasn't cracked the lineup at a starter.
    Sounded to me like they were going to keep Conner at guard and move Bacon to LT.

Knowing Bryce Messner and his family for so long, I've paid close attention to him. He's definitely inexperienced (having spend his first 3 years in the program at DL). He's a good run blocker, but haven't seen much of him pass blocking. When they brought him in as an extra TE last year (wearing #98), they ran behind him pretty much every time. A few big plays last year: The TD runs in overtime against Charleston Southern and EWU, and in the Iowa game -- Frazier's short TD run, and a crucial 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2 in the last Bison TD drive. He definitely blew a nice hole on every play...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Amen, but why two and not three? He redshirted last year, no? Am I missing something?

It totally sucks for these guys, but next man up. If you have no depth you will not be standing at the end. It’s that simple

(unrelated ... screw McFeely and his stupid opinions. He’s not really a Bison fan anyway. He's just here to piss us off).
    That was a SHITTY column today. I don't know why he even covers NDSU athletics. He's got zero useful opinions on the post game show. He's a net negative to the broadcast.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Amen, but why two and not three? He redshirted last year, no? Am I missing something?

It totally sucks for these guys, but next man up. If you have no depth you will not be standing at the end. It’s that simple

(unrelated ... screw McFeely and his stupid opinions. He’s not really a Bison fan anyway. He's just here to piss us off).

Click bait master he is. Do not click on him. He is a putz... Injuries happen every year. It is life, it sucks but you move forward.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Is the recovery time about 6 weeks, after surgery? Until you could start training again. My wife just said 9 months.
    It all depends on if the knee is being "cleaned up" or a reconstruction. Reconstructions is closer to 9-12 months for full return. Sometimes a "cleanup" can be minor and the return to play is quite short.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Knowing Bryce Messner and his family for so long, I've paid close attention to him. He's definitely inexperienced (having spend his first 3 years in the program at DL). He's a good run blocker, but haven't seen much of him pass blocking. When they brought him in as an extra TE last year (wearing #98), they ran behind him pretty much every time. A few big plays last year: The TD runs in overtime against Charleston Southern and EWU, and in the Iowa game -- Frazier's short TD run, and a crucial 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2 in the last Bison TD drive. He definitely blew a nice hole on every play...
    Messner was a beast last year during those plays. Glad they utilized him in that fashion and hope it happens again. I could see him being a lead FB in short yardage plays too as I am not convinced our current RBs will be as tough as King for that extra half yard.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That was a SHITTY column today. I don't know why he even covers NDSU athletics. He's got zero useful opinions on the post game show. He's a net negative to the broadcast.
    Not sure if anyone was in the Sunday night chat, or read it after the fact, but McFeely brought up the media contract deal, AGAIN. Pathetic.

MIKE, I KNOW YOU ARE HERE READING THIS. GET OVER IT. IT IS IN THE PAST.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Not sure if anyone was in the Sunday night chat, or read it after the fact, but McFeely brought up the media contract deal, AGAIN. Pathetic.

MIKE, I KNOW YOU ARE HERE READING THIS. GET OVER IT. IT IS IN THE PAST.
    He's a tool. You gotta let a tool be a tool.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He's a tool. You gotta let a tool be a tool.
    This. Best thing to do with those idiots is ignore them. They hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This. Best thing to do with those idiots is ignore them. They hate that.
    Exactly, do not click on their stories. Do not listen to their shows. Their main goal is to get people pissed off and that makes them happy. They almost truly believe in nothing themselves. They just write based on which way the wind is blowing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.