Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I keep wondering about JMU and SDSU. Losing Abdullah is major as he was Taiwain Jones in the 2nd half of the 2010 EWU game unstoppable for us. They have a lot of swagger coming into this year, is it legit?

I think SDSU will always be held back, either by the ghost of NDSU or by Stig. We clearly showed we could bleed last year, but are we human?
    That wasn't blood. It was hydraulic fluid.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I want to #17 after the 2013 season.
    Yes, finished 2013 at #17, just behind Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Yes, finished 2013 at #17, just behind Ohio State.
    The #13 rating is higher than all but one team in each of the Big Ten divisions.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...13/conference/
    It's OK to not be OK.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    That wasn't blood. It was hydraulic fluid.
    Leaking horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That and JMU were the only times during our run that someone was "as advertised". Maybe Tre Roberson on that list too. I mean how many players have we heard hyped up "you've never seen anyone like him!" as we hold them to 1.2ypc or something. It's seriously an endless list.

I don't really understand the ins and outs of it myself, but I've heard audit and others mention it includes last years data until week ~6 I think. I believe we will fall most of the season as we don't have an FBS team on the schedule ranked in the top 15 this year. I believe the only way we can help ourselves is if we consistently beat the prediction, but I'm not entirely sure how that all interconnects.

I think you guys are right.
    If you take ndsus predictor number and subtract their opponents ....and the outcome of that is higher than the subtracted #...ndsu moves up

So ndsus a 74...sdsu is a 64 or whatever. Ndsu wins 38-31...itll hurt their rating since 7 is obviously less than 10(74-64)

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    If you take ndsus predictor number and subtract their opponents ....and the outcome of that is higher than the subtracted #...ndsu moves up

So ndsus a 74...sdsu is a 64 or whatever. Ndsu wins 38-31...itll hurt their rating since 7 is obviously less than 10(74-64)
    That's pretty much it, though you also have to take into account Sagarin's home field advantage factor too.

Who really cares what Sagarin says.. We are only a couple of days away from the insightful analysis of Lee Timmerman during games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Who really cares what Sagarin says.. We are only a couple of days away from the insightful analysis of Lee Timmerman during games.
    Go for it. Start a "2017 Timmerman Says" thread.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Way to ruin my week by reminding me of Lee Timmerman. *sigh*

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just a reminder guys and gals, if you don't like VNL's coverage, you can also use NDSU's All Access (http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Live=1969&type=Live) to watch and listen. You can also watch VNL's coverage and mute the volume while listening to Bison 1660.

Absolutely no reason to have every game thread filled up with complaints about VNL. We get it, they suck. They might get it too, but probably don't care.
    Hail the BISON!!!