Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 268

Thread: 2017 Sagarin Says

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,163
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    If you mean in the sagarin rankings were NDSU is 31 then JMU finished 44
    Yep, I can confirm the Sargarin rankings have NDSU at 31 and JMU and 44. NDSU finished higher in the Sagarin ranking than JMU. (Man, I love this game....did you know that Rob Port got a DUI?)

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,561

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Is 31 the second highest finish after 13?
    Anybody want to make a guess on where we finish this year if the SDSU debacle doesn't happen and everything else is the same??

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    19,300

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Anybody want to make a guess on where we finish this year if the SDSU debacle doesn't happen and everything else is the same??
    i think we only dropped like 2 spots. so probably upper 20s?

  4. #244

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, I can confirm the Sargarin rankings have NDSU at 31 and JMU and 44. NDSU finished higher in the Sagarin ranking than JMU. (Man, I love this game....did you know that Rob Port got a DUI?)
    Tell us how many DUI's have you gotten away with?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

    “I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    In Sagarin, the top 7 FCS schools have one CAA school (JMU at 44), one Big Sky school (Weber State at 80) and 5 FCS schools (NDSU at 31, SDSU at 63, UNI at 78, WIU at 82, and USD at 90)

    FROM Highest on down
    NDSU
    JMU
    SDSU
    UNI
    WS
    WIU
    USD

    Granted this is one 'view', but pretty significant - the Missouri Valley Conference does really well per Sagarin. Except for SDSU's hiccup against JMU, the Valley did well.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    your mom
    Posts
    6,064

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    No valley gets the nod in sagarian for o e reason and one reason only

    DA BISON
    The rest of conference is getting a huge bump by us as evidenced by SDSU at jmu
    Usd vs Sam Houston
    Westernvs Weber

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    13,159

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    No valley gets the nod in sagarian for o e reason and one reason only

    DA BISON
    The rest of conference is getting a huge bump by us as evidenced by SDSU at jmu
    Usd vs Sam Houston
    Westernvs Weber
    Yep, that’s why 5 of the next 7 are CAA teams.


    MVFC teams are rated where they are because they are good.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    The starting ratings for 2018 are up on Sagarin's site: https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

    NDSU starts at #35 for the rating and #34 for the predictor. I'm not sure if that's the highest they've ever started a season at but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. 5 MFVC teams in the top 6 and 8 in the top 25 (FCS only).

    EDIT: And somehow they just moved down to #36 for both.... apparently the data entry is still happening???
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 08-20-2018 at 09:36 PM.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,163
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The starting ratings for 2018 are up on Sagarin's site: https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

    NDSU starts at #35 for the rating and #34 for the predictor. I'm not sure if that's the highest they've ever started a season at but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. 5 MFVC teams in the top 6 and 8 in the top 25 (FCS only).
    SDSU way over valued. Iowa St. way undervalued. (yes, I know it is math so no errors; just observations)

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    10,951
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

    Can't wait to see JMU talk about disrespect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •