Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC season

Default Re: 2017 MVFC season

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Middle of the MVFC is interesting, all could end up in a huge shuffle. I think USD is the sleeper though and will surprise a few teams. I really think SDSU is not going to handle the pressure they are getting to perform. We will see

as for the tweets, are you saying they have a fan talking to verbals or potential recruits not yet committed?
    You know, I pretty much got lampooned on AGS for saying the same thing. USD will be better than expected and SDSU will not live up to expectations. In the end the two schools will be very close to each other record wise and in the standings. I'm thinking SDSU will end up with 3 losses and USD with 4, but those numbers could flip based on injuries and other factors such as plain luck.

This conference is so competitive and the games are so tight that the difference between 3-5 and 5-3 in conference is not as great as many people think. You get a few breaks your way and your team can end up 5-3 and playoff bound.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I mean....isn't this essentially what John was a few years ago? Fan turned media?
    Jon wasn't tweeting kids asking them to play for NDSU. His site will report on recruiting. Similar to scout. Not a fan/booster
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I mean....isn't this essentially what John was a few years ago? Fan turned media?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Jon wasn't tweeting kids asking them to play for NDSU. His site will report on recruiting. Similar to scout. Not a fan/booster
    Correct. Reporting factual recruiting information is not a violation. He reports when other teams offer too. He works for a media company in a different state. Now if he would be like "we want you at NDSU and you would be a great fit"... That is a violation.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Fair enough.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Okay, Mr. Drama Queen. Go back and read the tweet. The potential recruit isn't even tagged in the original tweet from Taylor Eldridge. It's an article naming him one of the best receivers in Kansas. Regardless, I never "asked" the potential recruit to come play for SDSU as you are saying. I tagged our verballed QB. Zero violations. Settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Okay, Mr. Drama Queen. Go back and read the tweet. The potential recruit isn't even tagged in the original tweet from Taylor Eldridge. It's an article naming him one of the best receivers in Kansas. Regardless, I never "asked" the potential recruit to come play for SDSU as you are saying. I tagged our verballed QB. Zero violations. Settle down.
    Show your compliance coordinator and tell us what they think. I'm sure you don't want to offend Dan Jackson but there are rules for a reason.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Show your compliance coordinator and tell us what they think. I'm sure you don't want to offend Dan Jackson but there are rules for a reason.
    LOL Mr Drama Queen good name for burgundy he's always trying to start shit.

Jackrabbits are 24 point favorites against Duquesne Thursday night. Game is on ESPN3, 7:00.
    SDSU gets to face a team that won it's conference last season and has a strong running game (8-3 overall, 5-1 NEC, co-champs with St Francis).

• One of the key returners for the Dukes is the reigning Jerry Rice Award winner in running back A.J. Hines, who rushed for a Duquesne freshman-record 1,291 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2016.
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0170828aaa.pdf

Also returning is a pair of Preseason All-FCS selections in offensive lineman Ben Huss and linebacker Nathan Stone. Huss was a Third Team STATS FCS All-American in 2016 while Stone, a three-year All-NEC performer, has started all 35 games of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Jackrabbits are 24 point favorites against Duquesne Thursday night. Game is on ESPN3, 7:00.
    SDSU gets to face a team that won it's conference last season and has a strong running game (8-3 overall, 5-1 NEC, co-champs with St Francis).

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0170828aaa.pdf
    they lost a 4 yr starting QB, doubt SDSU loses this one
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    they lost a 4 yr starting QB, doubt SDSU loses this one
    Yeah, agree, but Duquesne does return 3 O Linemen (MVFC - size linemen),
    so I am curious to see if the Dukes can run the ball against the Jacks,
    control the clock, and keep SDSU's big 3 on the sideline. Would like
    to see Duquesne beat the 24 point spread that way. All their coaches
    have to do is put in some NDSU-SDSU tapes and watch, and then they will know what to do.
    Easy!
    Maybe this is a game the wascally wabbits overwook......

Here is WestSideRabbit's game preview for any interested

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...dukes.html?m=1