Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC season

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 MVFC season

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not literally a copy of their rivals magazine with their mascot instead of ours? Like c'mon man.
    That's funny because UND had a a magazine called Sioux Illustrated from 2003-2006. And then Bison Illustrated started publishing in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    That's funny because UND had a a magazine called Sioux Illustrated from 2003-2006. And then Bison Illustrated started publishing in 2007.
    Realized no one cared about it so they went to a more profitable edition.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Jackrabbit Illustrated? That sounds like something the outhouse to the north would come up with...
    Should be the "Bunny Hop" Illustrated...or perhaps "Dead Rabbit Times"

Point still stands then. This isn't a moving target for me. It's one thing if you get an idea from a school way out of your rivalry area, say oh Texas has Longhorn Illustrated. Fine. You don't copy one of your natural rivals. How hard is it to come up with a name?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Is it funnier that Sports Illustrated started in 1954? I'm guessing that's where just about every (Insert Mascot Name Here) Illustrated got its name from.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Sounds hostile and abusive!!!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Is it funnier that Sports Illustrated started in 1954? I'm guessing that's where just about every (Insert Mascot Name Here) Illustrated got its name from.
    I never said any of them are original did I? Pointing out how I thought it was funny for people trying to rip on the Jack's for supposedly copying their rival with an unoriginal magazine name when Bison Illustrated was started a few years after Sioux Illustrated. Sorry you missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Sounds hostile and abusive!!!
    The timeline of when it was discontinued isn't lost on me.

I never said any of them are original did I? Pointing out how I thought it was funny for people trying to rip on the Jack's for supposedly copying their rival with an unoriginal magazine name when Bison Illustrated was started a few years after Sioux Illustrated. Sorry you missed the point.

The timeline of when it was discontinued isn't lost on me.
    No, I got your point. I just find your sense of humor stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I saw an entire rack of fhawking illustrated behind the counter at a gas station in grand forks. They had multiple publications. Real big time schools have lots of magazines.

Lardsin must go!

Point still stands then. This isn't a moving target for me. It's one thing if you get an idea from a school way out of your rivalry area, say oh Texas has Longhorn Illustrated. Fine. You don't copy one of your natural rivals. How hard is it to come up with a name?
    I guess I was just copying "Sports Illustrated". Sorry if that is offensive to you. Again, I admire the program you have built and was just trying to rev up interest as our normal beat reporter only cares about Augie and USF.