Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC season

Default Re: 2017 MVFC season

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I know USD was gping to be a sleeper, see how they react in Conference play
    Could be a long season when they're having to run their QB when they're up by 38.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Could be a long season when they're having to run their QB when they're up by 38.
    The Midco folks sure recognized that, as well as the Coyote forum fans. Wonder why Coach Nielson did not?
    2nd team QB time......
    Maybe it was a flashback to last season and blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead to the FH's.
    Still, 1 injury to Streveler will lead to 2nd guessing and perhaps derail the playoff hopes......

Western Illinois gets a game this weekend that I dream on for the Bison.
    Coastal Carolina - the beach chickens are still in transition to FBS from FCS, and will be looking for home games in the future so I hope they answer that phone call from 701. WIU's game may have been a home/home scheduled in the FCS days. Read somewhere that the Leathernecks are 5 point favorites.

edit - checked and the 2015 game between these 2 teams was also in South Carolina. Makes me wonder what CC is willing to pay a FCS team for a home game.

Next edit - It was supposed to be a home/home, but Coastal Carolina amended the contract after making its FBS decision.
    WIU is getting $300,000 for its trouble. (Doesn't seem like enough to me, but maybe WIU does not do anywhere near a $300,000 gate at home)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.fbsch...s-in-2017/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Western Illinois gets a game this weekend that I dream on for the Bison.
    Coastal Carolina - the beach chickens are still in transition to FBS from FCS, and will be looking for home games in the future so I hope they answer that phone call from 701. WIU's game may have been a home/home scheduled in the FCS days. Read somewhere that the Leathernecks are 5 point favorites.

edit - checked and the 2015 game between these 2 teams was also in South Carolina. Makes me wonder what CC is willing to pay a FCS team for a home game.

Next edit - It was supposed to be a home/home, but Coastal Carolina amended the contract after making its FBS decision.
    WIU is getting $300,000 for its trouble. (Doesn't seem like enough to me, but maybe WIU does not do anywhere near a $300,000 gate at home)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.fbsch...s-in-2017/amp/
    WIU probably would have took anything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Western gets between 3500 and maybe 6000 at a home game so $300,000 was probably a good trade for them.

So Western up on Coastal 21-10 at halftime. Does the entire MVFC just need to move up? Seriously the level of football in the lower part of FBS is shit and the level of football in 7/i8 of the FCS is shit.

Not saying anything we all don't already know but it is starting to get old watching the Bison win by 50 and other top 20-25 teams in the FCS beat FBDS teams regularly now.

And yes I know Coastal isn't technically FBS but you all get my drift. It's frickin' Western Illinois good god people.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So Western up on Coastal 21-10 at halftime. Does the entire MVFC just need to move up? Seriously the level of football in the lower part of FBS is shit and the level of football in 7/i8 of the FCS is shit.

Not saying anything we all don't already know but it is starting to get old watching the Bison win by 50 and other top 20-25 teams in the FCS beat FBDS teams regularly now.

And yes I know Coastal isn't technically FBS but you all get my drift. It's frickin' Western Illinois good god people.
    Move up where? Where is this situation going to be any different?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Oh and Coastal’s turf makes a mockery of college football. It’s a cartoony clownshow of a football field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more damn thing. This is another example of how it will slays be the Bison and sone random team(s) at the top from year to year. Has any team even stayed near the top over the past 7-10 years the way NDSU has? We continually see these “big time” contenders fall to has beens just a few years later. It’s really pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Move up where? Where is this situation going to be any different?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club