Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC season

Default 2017 MVFC season

Here is Matt Zimmer's original tweet

Matt Zimmer
    Matt Zimmer @argusmattz
    John Stiegelmeier says 10 true freshmen have been told to prepare to have their redshirts pulled. That would obviously be a record.
    Here is his blog on the topic:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...rts/586476001/

Regarding redshirts being pulled......

......it should be pointed out none of them (right now) are being asked to start.

That said, a lack of depth is part of the story, here. The Jacks could pull up to three redshirts on the defensive line – likely Xavier Ward, Krockett Krolikowski and Daniel Callender – and that’s at least partially depth-related. (Blake) Whitsell was slated to start at one tackle, but injuries forced him to retire. On the other hand, Callender, Ward and Krolikowski were all viewed as potentially being ready early even before Whitsell went down.

At linebacker, season-ending injuries to Jake Harms and Kyle Tuttle certainly affected the team’s depth, and now Seven Wilson and Noah Urbanek are second on the depth chart on the outside. Again, depth is a factor here, but so is talent. Wilson and Urbanek were both strong candidates to play right away regardless of injury issues.

Tight end Skyler Cavanaugh and defensive back Jordan Velez are possibilities to play, in large part to make an impact on special teams. Brookings’ own Eddie Miller seems a sure thing to have his redshirt pulled, while at least one other O-lineman could play as well.
    DE Daniel Callendar - 6' 6" 220 - Yuma (Catholic) AZ - Was 1 of the highest rated MVFC recruits
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...llender-183265
    His offers included New Mexico, Wyoming and Illinois

LB Noah Urbanek - 6' 3" 200 Kearney, NB -
    is a familiar name to Bison fans as he had a 2017 NDSU offer
    Last edited by bruinbison; 08-22-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: 2017 MVFC season

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Here is Matt Zimmer's original tweet

Here is his blog on the topic:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...rts/586476001/

Regarding redshirt being pulled......

DE Daniel Callendar - 6' 6" 220 - Yuma (Catholic) AZ - Was 1 of the highest rated MVFC recruits
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...llender-183265
    His offers included New Mexico, Wyoming and Illinois
    Makes you wonder if SDSU is a key injury or two from being a complete dumpster fire; they could be a penthouse to the outhouse kind of team if they have some bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Makes you wonder if SDSU is a key injury or two from being a complete dumpster fire; they could be a penthouse to the outhouse kind of team if they have some bad luck.
    Definitely looks like they are shooting for that penthouse - 4 years from now be......

Of their Big 3, 2 are seniors (WR Wieneke & TE Goedert) and QB Taryn Christion is a junior, so hey, Stig may roll the dice

Could be Stig is also trying to impart on his players how important this season is......

Definitely looks like they are shooting for that penthouse - 4 years from now be......

Of their Big 3, 2 are seniors (WR Wieneke & TE Goedert) and QB Taryn Christion is a junior, so hey, Stig may roll the dice

Could be Stig is also trying to impart on his players how important this season is......
    i take this completely differently. i think it says his depth sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    i take this completely differently. i think it says his depth sucks.
    I took it as both.....
    penthouse reaching and lack of depth

- The article mentions 3 potential starters lost to injury and retirement
    - 10 FR players on notice, but Zimmer mentioned it may not go that high in actuality
    - certain players who are ready to play and probably would have anyways - e.g. Callendar and Urbanek
    - NDSU definitely in a position of depth other teams envy (except JMU)

A couple of players being suspended might be another reason for pulling so many redshirts
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article...-for-six-games

Interesting news, partly answers a rumor that had been previously posted.
    Just leaves the "what" unanswered. But 2 players - both suspended 6 games.
    Clark - the big 330 OL - looks like he was a starter last season as a Soph.
    Slade - looks like he was a rotation player at safety last season as a Soph.

Interesting news, partly answers a rumor that had been previously posted.
    Just leaves the "what" unanswered. But 2 players - both suspended 6 games.
    Clark - the big 330 OL - looks like he was a starter last season as a Soph.
    Slade - looks like he was a rotation player at safety last season as a Soph.
    These must be the players that popped in the playoff. As I recall, at least there were all sorts of rumors about this.

I assume the stoned rabbits have a 12 game season l.....6 games is half the season and coincidently the penalty 4 a street drug positive pop.

I could be wrong, i guess, but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    These must be the players that popped in the playoff. As I recall, at least there were all sorts of rumors about this.

I assume the stoned rabbits have a 12 game season l.....6 games is half the season and coincidently the penalty 4 a street drug positive pop.

I could be wrong, i guess, but i doubt it.
    It's an 11 game season for everyone. It's a pretty big suspension considering it includes the YSU game and the UNI game. I hope they didn't dodge it around the playoff game, I like to think Stig wouldn't do that, but it's possible. I also wish they would say what they did so we don't have speculation running rampant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    It's an 11 game season for everyone. It's a pretty big suspension considering it includes the YSU game and the UNI game. I hope they didn't dodge it around the playoff game, I like to think Stig wouldn't do that, but it's possible. I also wish they would say what they did so we don't have speculation running rampant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder if they are buddies with TOB. BTW, if you think Sig won't "hide" something, look no further. That, combined with the incompetent media coverage they get and they can get away with murder.