Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Washington pregame thread

Default Re: Eastern Washington pregame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How about the non PF's that we get called for like Deluca hitting too hard? Hopefully that female ref isn't out there.
    I would have liked to see what the heck she saw. DeLuca was literally on his knees when he tackled Gubrud and brought him down for the tackle. For that penalty, DeLuca didn't get his money's worth.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I would have liked to see what the heck she saw. DeLuca was literally on his knees when he tackled Gubrud and brought him down for the tackle. For that penalty, DeLuca didn't get his money's worth.
    She motioned when discussing with the other refs with her forearm. Seems she thought DeLuca using his forearm to finish the tackle was a PF. To me it looked like a perfectly legit attempt to finish a tackle and not like he was adding anything extra after he was already down but what do I know.

I can't decide if the the targeting call on Grimsley or the tackling the QB too low against Menard was the next worse call that game.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    She motioned when discussing with the other refs with her forearm. Seems she thought DeLuca using his forearm to finish the tackle was a PF. To me it looked like a perfectly legit attempt to finish a tackle and not like he was adding anything extra after he was already down but what do I know.

I can't decide if the the targeting call on Grimsley or the tackling the QB too low against Menard was the next worse call that game.
    Wait, she was trying to enforce the "giving him the business" personal foul call? If so, she was trying too hard.

Hail the BISON!!!

Well, that post showing Eastern Washington's projected offensive line will have to change. The projected starter at LT, Nick Ellison, has left the team, so some shuffling may occur.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-tackle-nick-/

Sophomore Chris Schlichting is the projected starter at right tackle. The top reserves at left tackle – the blind slide protector for quarterback Gage Gubrud – are freshmen Brett Thompson and Nick Blair.

Their inexperience could send right tackle Chris Schlichting, a junior, to the left side. Junior Kaleb Levao and sophomore Dylan Smith also could see more action because of Ellison’s departure.

EWU defensive line article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...keep-pressure/

The Eagles have to replace 15 sacks in DE Samson Ebukam (4th round draft pick - LA Rams).
    They do have 320 lb DT Jay-Tee Tiuli returning, an All-Big Sky Conference pick last season. Also returning is 6' 2" 270 lb senior DE Albert Havili, a preseason All-Big Sky Conference pick.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I liked our chances last year on the line of scrimmage, and we still struggled to get to Gubrud. Hearing they're shuffling some guys around on their OL and that the depth is pretty young, I'll like our chances again with getting pressure on the QB. Not having Menard doesn't help, but hoping Entz can come up with some schemes to get to Gubrud.

Getting pretty excited about this game, and the trip out west. Dad and I have been building a platform bed in the van we'll be driving out there, so he can sleep while I'm driving. It'll also be used by myself as a bed for van camping if I get somewhere on a road trip and don't feel like setting up a tent. It'll be portable in that it can be disassembled rather easily so the seats can be put back in when necessary. It'll also have ample storage underneath for camping gear, luggage, and also a plug in fridge/cooler. If anyone would like to see pictures of the finished project, let me know and I'll show them on here.

Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    EWU defensive line article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...keep-pressure/

The Eagles have to replace 15 sacks in DE Samson Ebukam (4th round draft pick - LA Rams).
    They do have 320 lb DT Jay-Tee Tiuli returning, an All-Big Sky Conference pick last season. Also returning is 6' 2" 270 lb senior DE Albert Havili, a preseason All-Big Sky Conference pick.
    Geez.......a 320 pound DT? Quite unusual.

A 320 lb Big Sky defensive lineman. Not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    A 320 lb Big Sky defensive lineman. Not worried.
    I'd only be worried if I was standing near the buffet...

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Geez.......a 320 pound DT? Quite unusual.
    Start out the game like Vigen used to. Get the defense running sideways the first quarter of the game. Then start running downhill. No more 320 guy by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. I miss Vigen's play calling...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.