Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVFC BSC Challenge Series

Default Re: MVFC BSC Challenge Series

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    D-1 resumes?
    Bubba is 21-14 and has won a conference championship.
    Nielsen is 20-28 and his record last year at USD was worse than Joe Glenn's the previous year. I'm not saying the Nielsen didn't improve things at WIU but his 16-21 record his three years there isn't a huge improvement over the 13-21 they had the three years before he got there.

There's huge glaring holes and differences in the argument with the teams being in different conferences and UND still working its way out of transition. I just don't see what you do with Bob Nielsen being some magic worker based on his resume but if you want to feel that way, go for it. Either way, we'll get to see the two go head to head on the field (again).

Who said anything about NDSU? Do you think any of the schools or coaches actually cares about the challenge outside of paying it some lip service and possibly lobby for a better seed? The games have been scheduled for years and some office worker came up with an idea to promote the games. No one has said anything about it actually mattering. UND, and every other team that is "involved", still has the same goal of winning the games on their schedule. But I'm glad this won't distract you from your goals, there was some major concern about that when they were tossing the idea around.
    Dude, you clearly have no idea how hard it is to win at WIU. Bubba got an initial cake job compared to Nielson, and he'll stay in his shadow now that Bob is in a better position than the Bubba.

Is the Big Sky using all that UND exit fee money to pay for this marketing effort?

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    In season inter-conference play, the Big Sky went 4 - 3 vs. MVFC last year. Thinking E. Washington doesn't loose in OT this year and the Big Sky goes 5 - 3.
    Edit: I missed the Montana-UNI game. Mvc has won most years recently
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 08-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    summit-nsic challenge!

Sent from my vs995 using tapatalk
    wac>>>>>>>>
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The MVFC dominated the Big Sky yesterday. MVFC teams won 4 of the 5 matchup games with the Big Sky. The Big Sky teams even had home field advantage in 4 of the 5 games. These two conferences aren't even close in the caliber of their respective football programs.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    The MVFC dominated the Big Sky yesterday. MVFC teams won 4 of the 5 matchup games with the Big Sky. The Big Sky teams even had home field advantage in 4 of the 5 games. These two conferences aren't even close in the caliber of their respective football programs.
    I watched the UND-Missouri State game, and had Missouri State played with even half of the intensity they did against Missouri, it would have been a good game.

You do realize, now, that we've lost the BSC apologists on this thread.

If SD beats us, be a huge advantage for your conference. Lot of fans will pay attention.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

If SD beats us, be a huge advantage for your conference. Lot of fans will pay attention.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Yeah, and the only win for the BSC was by a team moving to the MVFC.