Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVFC BSC Challenge Series

Default Re: MVFC BSC Challenge Series

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    In season inter-conference play, the Big Sky went 4 - 3 vs. MVFC last year. Thinking E. Washington doesn't loose in OT this year and the Big Sky goes 5 - 3.
    Try not get embarrassed again by Missouri State and I'm thinking USD doesn't give you the game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Try not get embarrassed again by Missouri State and I'm thinking USD doesn't give you the game this year.
    Bubba this, Bubba that. The real secret Bubba no want to say is he could never carry his old boss's suit and NEVER had the success of Nielson at UMD. Nielson is going to tromp him.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bubba this, Bubba that. The real secret Bubba no want to say is he could never carry his old boss's suit and NEVER had the success of Nielson at UMD.
    You left out that Nielsen really wasn't any more successful in his first five years at UM-D than Bubba was in his four years there (one conference title and a first round playoff loss for each). And Nielsen's success at Duluth didn't come until his second stint that started in 2008, which was done with 4 years of Bubba's recruits in the system and a move to the NSIC. Nielsen also didn't have to deal with the UXD's his second time around as 2008 was their first year of transition.

Pure conjecture on how much of it was recruiting and how much was coaching, but Lennon (and by association Bubba) get knocked for the same thing on the success they had right away at SIU with Kill's recruits.

Nielson is going to tromp him.
    He almost had a chance last year and couldn't do it. Curious as what makes you think why there would be some sort of change.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    You left out that Nielsen really wasn't any more successful in his first five years at UM-D than Bubba was in his four years there (one conference title and a first round playoff loss for each). And Nielsen's success at Duluth didn't come until his second stint that started in 2008, which was done with 4 years of Bubba's recruits in the system and a move to the NSIC. Nielsen also didn't have to deal with the UXD's his second time around as 2008 was their first year of transition.

Pure conjecture on how much of it was recruiting and how much was coaching, but Lennon (and by association Bubba) get knocked for the same thing on the success they had right away at SIU with Kill's recruits.

He almost had a chance last year and couldn't do it. Curious as what makes you think why there would be some sort of change.
    That entire post can fall under the "it doesn't matter and nobody cares category." Nobody cares about this "contest." NDSU has other goals. Best of luck with your goals. NDSU won't change. If NDSU wins the National Championship and the Big Sky wins the "challenge" I would be thrilled. SOrt of like when someone says, "UND still has the nickel." Seriously, I could not care less.

Win the Valley first. Grind. Goals don't change.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I don't see UNI blowing it twice again like they did last year, especially like they did in Cheney.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post

I do enjoy how you left out D1 resume's. Nice work. Nielson turned around an absolute train wreck, with an even worse situation at WIU to your beloved Wioux (which is pretty darn bad), and now is well on his way to having USD positioned as an actually winner plus he has done well recruiting. Can't wait to see Bubba ball get stomped by USD.

If there is one upside to UND coming to the MVFC, they can stop pretending the BSC is a good conference.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If there is one upside to UND coming to the MVFC, they can stop pretending the BSC is a good conference.
    I think they keep saying it so they can believe it; to somehow consider themselves relevant in college football. Yet, when they had the chance to show NDSU just how good they are, they get destroyed. When they get into the PO due to a crazy weak schedule, they lose. I so, so enjoy it, I admit. Put up, or shut up. If they have the season they claim to think they'll have, they are going to get another chance to beat their idols.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They will let go of the BS conference about as quick as their nickname.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do enjoy how you left out D1 resume's. Nice work. Nielson turned around an absolute train wreck, with an even worse situation at WIU to your beloved Wioux (which is pretty darn bad), and now is well on his way to having USD positioned as an actually winner plus he has done well recruiting. Can't wait to see Bubba ball get stomped by USD.
    D-1 resumes?
    Bubba is 21-14 and has won a conference championship.
    Nielsen is 20-28 and his record last year at USD was worse than Joe Glenn's the previous year. I'm not saying the Nielsen didn't improve things at WIU but his 16-21 record his three years there isn't a huge improvement over the 13-21 they had the three years before he got there.

There's huge glaring holes and differences in the argument with the teams being in different conferences and UND still working its way out of transition. I just don't see what you do with Bob Nielsen being some magic worker based on his resume but if you want to feel that way, go for it. Either way, we'll get to see the two go head to head on the field (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    That entire post can fall under the "it doesn't matter and nobody cares category." Nobody cares about this "contest." NDSU has other goals. Best of luck with your goals. NDSU won't change. If NDSU wins the National Championship and the Big Sky wins the "challenge" I would be thrilled. SOrt of like when someone says, "UND still has the nickel." Seriously, I could not care less.

Win the Valley first. Grind. Goals don't change.
    Who said anything about NDSU? Do you think any of the schools or coaches actually cares about the challenge outside of paying it some lip service and possibly lobby for a better seed? The games have been scheduled for years and some office worker came up with an idea to promote the games. No one has said anything about it actually mattering. UND, and every other team that is "involved", still has the same goal of winning the games on their schedule. But I'm glad this won't distract you from your goals, there was some major concern about that when they were tossing the idea around.