Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Options for watching Bison remote

Default Re: Options for watching Bison remote

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Definitely don't disagree with you on that one. I grew up through the transition though, there's something awesome about being able to go out in Uptown Dallas and watch us from the bar.
    Wild pitch in Frisco usually hosts watch parties in dfw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    Speaking of the KC watch party, the host venue (Coach's Bar & Grill) was flooded a couple weeks ago and they have decided not to rebuild. Unfortunate because the folks at Coach's were very good to us Bison fans.
    Ugh, they have had the shittiest year ever. That one in Olathe is pretty nice, I'm out of the area now but I hope they can do something there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just sent info to the alumni association to host my first watch party (Louisville, KY). If anyone has any tips for a first timer, I'd love to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Just sent info to the alumni association to host my first watch party (Louisville, KY). If anyone has any tips for a first timer, I'd love to hear!
    It's pretty simple (hey, I'm doing it, so anyone can). They will send you a packet with table tents, sign-up sheets, beads, pom-pons, etc. Just sign people up and email or fax it back to them.

Just make sure the establishment you're at has the ability to stream games and/or have DIRECTV's College GamePlan. The bar I'm at has a bigscreen TV and projector, and I bring in my own stereo system and run the sound to our area. For streaming, I use Apple TV with the WatchESPN app, so I don't need a computer.

I'm doing something a little different this year, but I haven't tried it yet so not sure how it'll work. I've got the bar owner talked into kicking in some cash to do prize giveaways. Not sure exactly how I'll do it, but some variation of this:

Each week, everyone who attends will get an entry for the drawing. I may do a small weekly drawing with a bigger drawing at the end. The more games you attend, the better your chances.

PM me if you have any questions.

Brian
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    It's pretty simple (hey, I'm doing it, so anyone can). They will send you a packet with table tents, sign-up sheets, beads, pom-pons, etc. Just sign people up and email or fax it back to them.

Just make sure the establishment you're at has the ability to stream games and/or have DIRECTV's College GamePlan. The bar I'm at has a bigscreen TV and projector, and I bring in my own stereo system and run the sound to our area. For streaming, I use Apple TV with the WatchESPN app, so I don't need a computer.

I'm doing something a little different this year, but I haven't tried it yet so not sure how it'll work. I've got the bar owner talked into kicking in some cash to do prize giveaways. Not sure exactly how I'll do it, but some variation of this:

Each week, everyone who attends will get an entry for the drawing. I may do a small weekly drawing with a bigger drawing at the end. The more games you attend, the better your chances.

PM me if you have any questions.

Brian
    I'd just add that if you were at a bar with a very good wifi and a projector, you could probably plug a roku stick into a projector HDMI port and stream from WatchESPN pretty easy even if the bar doesn't think it is possible.....

Thank you for the responses. They have Gameplan and are excited to be a part of it. My biggest concern is being the only one to show. Maybe I can recruit some Red and Blue to Yellow.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Thank you for the responses. They have Gameplan and are excited to be a part of it. My biggest concern is being the only one to show. Maybe I can recruit some Red and Blue to Yellow.
    I used to host them in Indy before games were so readily available. When we did the Bison-Sioux game jointly with their alums we would get 60-80 people. They were a blast. We started to run into satellite options when bars upgraded to digital and we were only broadcasting on C-band. Have a couple games where people don't see the game at all or get sound but no video and they stop coming. Then when they became available at home via streaming you no longer needed to have a watch party other than to hang out with fellow Bison. Good luck! You are only 2 hours from me so maybe some Indy folks will head that way.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I used to host them in Indy before games were so readily available. When we did the Bison-Sioux game jointly with their alums we would get 60-80 people. They were a blast. We started to run into satellite options when bars upgraded to digital and we were only broadcasting on C-band. Have a couple games where people don't see the game at all or get sound but no video and they stop coming. Then when they became available at home via streaming you no longer needed to have a watch party other than to hang out with fellow Bison. Good luck! You are only 2 hours from me so maybe some Indy folks will head that way.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    C'mon down and yours and Indy's first Bourbon is on me. Bar owner loves the Colts. Would be damn cool to get him something Joe Haeg.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am working every Saturday this year so I won't be able to do it. Are you going every game? Louisville is a fun city to visit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk