Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site losing my login session

Default Site losing my login session

I don't have "remember me" checked, so I log in manually every time I visit the site. Anyway, lately, after I login and click to another page, whether it is "new posts" or opening a post, it will make re-login again. Is anyone else having this issue? It might just be the computer I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it does it the same for me at home. I can try to clear the cookie from this site, but wasn't sure if anyone else was seeing a similar issue. My browser is Chrome.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Default Re: Site losing my login session

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I don't have "remember me" checked, so I log in manually every time I visit the site. Anyway, lately, after I login and click to another page, whether it is "new posts" or opening a post, it will make re-login again. Is anyone else having this issue? It might just be the computer I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it does it the same for me at home. I can try to clear the cookie from this site, but wasn't sure if anyone else was seeing a similar issue. My browser is Chrome.
    not having that issue...sounds like the browser is clearing all your cookies every time you go to a new page?? Try it with a different browser just to test it.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone's trying to get you to take a hint...

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    Someone's trying to get you to take a hint...
    That's what I was thinking...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    not having that issue...sounds like the browser is clearing all your cookies every time you go to a new page?? Try it with a different browser just to test it.
    I believe we have a winner here.

I usually have to sign in again when I clean up the history. Check your settings.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I deleted my cookies for BV and still same thing. Had to log in 3x just to post this comment. I haven't changed any chrome settings or anything, but I'll check everything over. Just didn't want to spend too much time on it if it was just a site issue.
    check neg rep

I deleted my cookies for BV and still same thing. Had to log in 3x just to post this comment. I haven't changed any chrome settings or anything, but I'll check everything over. Just didn't want to spend too much time on it if it was just a site issue.
    No but your chrome might have auto updated. Did you try a different browser to see if it does the same thing?

No but your chrome might have auto updated. Did you try a different browser to see if it does the same thing?
    Yes, same thing.
    check neg rep

Yes, same thing.
    Ok weird. So it's not browser specific. Are u at work or home? If it's work your site administrator might have added some group policies on cookies in browsers.

Ok weird. So it's not browser specific. Are u at work or home? If it's work your site administrator might have added some group policies on cookies in browsers.
    Haha no, I work in IT. Everything goes through me, it's only on Bisonville. The only thing I can think of is our balancer switching over to our backup connection while I'm on the site and it not being able to correctly identify me again. It shouldn't be switching over as it's mostly just a failover activation on the backup connection. I'm fairly certain it happens at home too, could totally be wrong tho. I can't remember because it's been happening so much lately, it barely registers anymore.
    check neg rep