Page 89 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I don't think anyone said that Stick was a bad QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about Stick? Does he possibly get benched next year? This year we really don't have much of a backup. What's going on? He is so hot and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Well, these are not good. 4 games is a trend. 52% completion percentage? That will get us through 1st & 2nd round shit playoff teams, maybe a QF, but it needs to be better for a semifinal team. We have not given any reason for our remaining opponents (regular season and playoffs) to respect the pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    His accuracy is not good. He has always had problems especially with receivers having to slow down or turn around on long balls because they are Underthrown. His legs will only get his legs will only get us so far.

No MVFC or good team is scared of our pass game. We will struggle in the playoffs over it.

I honestly expected to lose to SDSU over this today. I am usually over positive over NDSU too.
    Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I have been questioning Stick and our passing game for a few weeks. I posted Easton's 3 game stats last week. This isn't a reaction from yesterday's game!
    Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Eastons legs are amazing. His arm is garbage. I knew it would catch up to us once we played real teams this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Coaches “discovered” RJ while recruiting Easton.

Kind of wonder how much of it was RJ making Easton into a hot prospect?
    That was only the first two pages, I got tired of clicking.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Big turnaround by both Stick and the staff this week. Not sure why they tried to reinvent the wheel last week but glad to see such an impressive performance today.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I am gonna pull a page out of your swearing, personal insult playbook: Hey dipshit, fuck off. I never said he was a bad QB.
    I said the stats for our passing game are not good. That falls on the whole offense, especially the OC and HC. Today was a very well coached-up offense. And, fuck off.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Don't forget the numerous "average FCS QB at best" quotes from the past few weeks. Either average FCS QBs are really, really good, or those who claimed Easton to be average don't watch a whole lot of FCS football.

Truth of the matter is that Easton is very good and his career stats prove it. If you actually watch a lot of college football at the DI level, most of those QBs are terrible. They can't pass very well, can't run and can't call an important audible without someone on the sideline showing them pretty pictures.

Yes, he struggled for a few games, but which NDSU DI QB hasn't had that issue? I'm glad they finally went back to an offensive scheme that not only fits Easton, but the personal on the whole offense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am gonna pull a page out of your swearing, personal insult playbook: Hey dipshit, fuck off. I never said he was a bad QB.
    I said the stats for our passing game are not good. That falls on the whole offense, especially the OC and HC. Today was a very well coached-up offense. And, fuck off.
    Yep, even when our stats are poor, don't bring them up to Homers like him! It's a team game, our offense played great today including our QB. Improvement was needed and appreciated!

I'll give you two more pages of insults if you want. That's my jam!

You said "we have not given any reason for our remaining opponents (regular season and playoffs) to respect the pass." That is a judgment, not merely quoting stats.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today was a good example of how important protection is for Stick to be effective. I know that sounds simple, like that should be true for every QB, but it is more true for some than others. Stick is a thrower, not a slinger. He still needs to load up to put something behind the ball. He isn't a QB who can just sling it with his arm. He is deadly accurate with short touch passes. He is also accurate with deep passes when he has time to get his ass behind the throw. He is a mess when he tries to sling the ball out there.

We were spoiled to watch Wentz here who could sling the ball pretty well. He is doing it at the next level as good as anyone right now. He can slip pressure and sling the ball with his arm. Sure he is exponentially more accurate when he is set, but he still has something on the ball when slings it. Stick is still a growing young man. He isn't going to become a slinger like CW, but you stay within his game, he obviously is going to win your team a lot of ballgames. He is a prototypical WCO QB. Put him in a Andy Reid, pure WCO offense, where you run tight routes towards the middle of the field and back towards the QB, and Stick can nickel and dime you all the way down the field. Today it was a little more of getting guys the ball early and letting them make plays. When he did throw it deeper, he had time to set up.

I get what the Bison are trying to do. Defenses are playing a lot of man coverage and playing in front of the receivers this year. Over the top is there on almost every play. If the defense is getting any kind of pressure, they don't need to worry about it much because he can't sling the ball 45 yards accurately. You still have to try going over the top once in a while to back the defenders up behind receivers so you can get back to Stick's strengths. Today he had really good protection, his receivers were slipping deeper behind coverage, and Stick was throwing darts because he was setting up. When USD started respecting that, he started killing them underneath and the TEs started running over people. The game within the game.

Last week, it was the gameplanning that killed us. On both sides of the ball.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last week, it was the gameplanning that killed us. On both sides of the ball.
    Nailed it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Well I am worried about the Coyotes 10 seconds offense and a QB who can sling it all over the field with very high completion percentage. We don't have the right defensive personnel to handle such speed in the backfield. We cannot rely on our offense to score more than TDs against a good top 10 team. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.

Against UNI we had two DBs covering Darius Fountain in the backfield. Eli Dunn throws a deep pass straight to Darrius Fountain, our DBs bump their head against each other and fall down on the field and Darius Fountain makes an easy catch. Double coverage, 2 fing DBs covering the WR and still we let the guy make a catch. I am deeply worried about this. Incompetent is the word that comes to my mind.
    And just how did your oft spoken prediction turn out?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin