Page 74 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

R-E-L-A-X Mark my words, this team will be just fine. This loss is close to perfect timing for the stretch run. They will piss pound USD.

The kid has the yips. When Jensen threw the two pick 6s people were yammering about replacing him also. JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The kid has the yips. When Jensen threw the two pick 6s people were yammering about replacing him also. JFC
    I had the Yips this summer. Started putting left hand low. Problem solved!

All of a football team’s faults flow through the quarterback....as do their strengths. I am not worried about Easton. He is the rock, the foundation, of the Bison. I am worried about the toll that injuries are taking on our team and right now those injuries are making ES and NDSU look vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Jensen’s picks were due to Vigen’s instance on throwing passes that had high risk and very little reward. Jensen’s passes were not exactly bad passes, but extremely poor play calls and were being recognized by defenses who were taught to jump the routes.

Easton’s faults are coaching too in a lot of ways, but definitely, and more so in comparison to the Jensen Junior year, are due to his limitations as a passer. He simply has not improved as a passer.

He is an average FCS QB with a tremendous team surrounding him. It’s pretty simple actually. You throw Walker, Jensen or Wentz on this team, and we are in the position to win any game.

You know what the difference was last year in the JMU game? They had a QB who made plays downfield and we did not.

well this idiot montana state coordinator isn't helping Easton at all.. or is too stubborn to adapt on the fly.

Wheres the fucking SCREENS?

Where's the bootleg & hit the TE staple that NDSU always has had?

Where's the wheel route?

Where's the jet sweep or even the FEAR of the jet sweep? Seth Wilson can run it.

That's where I'm pointing my anger... and quit running the same set passing plays, the other teams have seen them on tape & have adjusted!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Jensen’s picks were due to Vigen’s instance on throwing passes that had high risk and very little reward. Jensen’s passes were not exactly bad passes, but extremely poor play calls and were being recognized by defenses who were taught to jump the routes.

Easton’s faults are coaching too in a lot of ways, but definitely, and more so in comparison to the Jensen Junior year, are due to his limitations as a passer. He simply has not improved as a passer.

He is an average FCS QB with a tremendous team surrounding him. It’s pretty simple actually. You throw Walker, Jensen or Wentz on this team, and we are in the position to win any game.

You know what the difference was last year in the JMU game? They had a QB who made plays downfield and we did not.
    I think the comparisons between the two are actually very close. Jensen just played with a little better team around him, but even that is close when comparing 2012 to this year. Jensen's INTs were the result of poor play calling/play design and poor decision making. It was greatly evident with Wentz as he just understood what the defense was trying to do and would hit the TE's across the middle. It seems that as QBs elevate their game the TE gets used more. Both Jensen and Stick have struggled at times to use the TE as effectively as Wentz did and would force the ball to the WRs or make late decisions. Wentz would throw INTs as well, but that was the more the result of him thinking he could stick his passes anywhere (Elway or Favre).
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I would have to agree with an earlier post that this loss and it's timing was perfect. The Bison seemed a bit flat the past few years around Mid - Late season. IF? They are to turn it around this beat-down was right on time. I look for a huge turn around and performance this week. 45-17 W. One way or another we will get an answer against USD.

We did not look like a west coast offense against the Jacks. Look at the stats. Did we even target Jenson or Illies?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    We did not look like a west coast offense against the Jacks. Look at the stats. Did we even target Jenson or Illies?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Illies was targeted pretty early on, dropped or broken up.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1