Page 67 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think Beathard was the better QB that day. That is taking nothing away from Easton's outstanding performance. Iowa lost that game due to coaching; they use Beathard more, they likely win.
    Iowa lost that game because they were out executed and out physicalled, especially late in the game when we could run the ball at will. Same formula we use to beat cupcake games and FBS powerhouses

We shut down the run and Beathard couldn't make us pay

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't think many injuries occur during running plays. It's the blindside hits that do it. Brock and Carson ran the ball all the time and stayed injury free except Carson whose injury happened on a pass play

really?? those shots he took in Iowa were hard, they clearly shook him up a couple times, couple slides would have helped his full season health.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    really?? those shots he took in Iowa were hard, they clearly shook him up a couple times, couple slides would have helped his full season health.
    I don't know which hits were worse, but he got nailed a few times in the pocket that reminded of Favre when the Vikings lost to the Saints in the NFC Championship game. The Hawkeyes weren't playing nice that day, especially with Easton.

Here's a link that show how hard Josey Jewell hit Easton a few times.

https://twitter.com/BrettGHughes/sta...89439202217984
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I don't know which hits were worse, but he got nailed a few times in the pocket that reminded of Favre when the Vikings lost to the Saints in the NFC Championship game. The Hawkeyes weren't playing nice that day, especially with Easton.

Here's a link that show how hard Josey Jewell hit Easton a few times.

https://twitter.com/BrettGHughes/sta...89439202217984
    pffffft. Here's a link that shows some real hits:

https://twitter.com/Shea_DeJong/stat...08255246376960

I do think some people forget that Stick is just now a junior. That said I do think he needs some work on just being able to run the offense efficiently(especially in a 2 minute drill situation), Carson was masterful at it so having to follow that is a bit tough but he has a lot of the right things working for him. He just needs to put it all together.

I'm hoping that the new OC has him clicking better in the pass game. I don't think that was really one of Polasek's strengths and it showed once Carson was gone.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

the target is on Easton Stick... its NUT UP time. he's a junior... Show us what you got.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do think some people forget that Stick is just now a junior. That said I do think he needs some work on just being able to run the offense efficiently(especially in a 2 minute drill situation), Carson was masterful at it so having to follow that is a bit tough but he has a lot of the right things working for him. He just needs to put it all together.

I'm hoping that the new OC has him clicking better in the pass game. I don't think that was really one of Polasek's strengths and it showed once Carson was gone.
    Yep. Anyone who said that Jensen would get an invite to a pro camp even after his junior year would have been greeted with a ton of skepticism on this board and elsewhere. With the addition of Engel and Cain, Stick now has arguably just as much talent at WR as Brock ever did. The peices are in place for a big step forward for him this year.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we forget that Easton is a junior...his performance as a freshman made us forget time. This thread needs to go to sleep until after this season...t

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Yes, the Halftime debacle with the SDSU clock management was a learning bit, Im sure it gets shown several times as a reminder. But man he was a sophmore, he is still learning we are in a great position at QB
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

20-2 as a starter. I will take that. Enough said.........
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.