Page 66 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

He has made some great throws, he has made some incredible runs. The coaches said that he was struggling last year from an injury from the iowa game.
    They made it to the semi's.
    Take a breath?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Easton is a stud. Before it's over he will establish himself as one of the best ever. He will be in the top of the class. Keep in mind the Bison don't build around a player. Many coaches do (SHU for example) he will have a great season this year with new OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    He has made some great throws, he has made some incredible runs. The coaches said that he was struggling last year from an injury from the iowa game.
    They made it to the semi's.
    Take a breath?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    There's a lot of truth to this. I don't know if the back injury happened in the Iowa game, but his throwing diminished quite a bit after taking a beating from that game. I'm not sure he had the same touch the rest season like he did in the first two games. And yes, he has two years left to prove himself.
    Hail the BISON!!!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last year he was slow to scan the field and tends to lock into a single receiver. Although he threw few good deep balls, overall accuracy is questionable. I dont think he will get drafted, not even practice squad.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Last year he was slow to scan the field and tends to lock into a single receiver. Although he threw few good deep balls, overall accuracy is questionable. I dont think he will get drafted, not even practice squad.
    Well there we have the proof we needed
    Easton will get drafted for sure now
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Easton needs to not take so many big hits, slide etc...other than that I don't care about the NFL he's a Junior here and I'm very confident with him as our QB.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Easton needs to not take so many big hits, slide etc...other than that I don't care about the NFL he's a Junior here and I'm very confident with him as our QB.

100% agree. Play to your strengths and improve on your weaknesses. It will all work out in the end.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Who was the better QB on the field during the Bison-Hawkeyes game?
    If you told me, off that one game, that C.J. Beathard was a NFL QB,
    I would have said "not so fast my friend". But.......where is Iowa's Beathard at today? San Francisco training camp - 3rd round pick (was considered an overdraft at the time).
    Beathard is listed at 6' 2" 215, so like any sport, it just takes 1 team to like you......

C.J. Beathard competing for the backup QB spot, says Shanahan
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.mercu...-shanahan/amp/

So only time will tell what Easton Stick will accomplish......
    I suspect he can at least be a training camp arm for Philadelphia
    (he might have a reference available there )

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

I don't think many injuries occur during running plays. It's the blindside hits that do it. Brock and Carson ran the ball all the time and stayed injury free except Carson whose injury happened on a pass play

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Easton is a stud. Before it's over he will establish himself as one of the best ever. He will be in the top of the class. Keep in mind the Bison don't build around a player. Many coaches do (SHU for example) he will have a great season this year with new OC.
    Yep. Stick is a stud. We've only lost 2 games with him at QB and he performs well in big games during clutch moments. We can beat teams like Iowa with him, win shootouts vs Eastern Washington, or just manage games with his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Sounds like Brock Jensen early in his career. Cmon dude Sticks best football is ahead of him and he's only a Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    100% agree. Play to your strengths and improve on your weaknesses. It will all work out in the end.

That being said Easton is probably the quickest and best runner of the three. 6-2, 225 with his quickness would make him physically our best running back

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Who was the better QB on the field during the Bison-Hawkeyes game?
    If you told me, off that one game, that C.J. Beathard was a NFL QB,
    I would have said "not so fast my friend". But.......where is Iowa's Beathard at today? San Francisco training camp - 3rd round pick (was considered an overdraft at the time).
    Beathard is listed at 6' 2" 215, so like any sport, it just takes 1 team to like you......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mercu...-shanahan/amp/

So only time will tell what Easton Stick will accomplish......
    I suspect he can at least be a training camp arm for Philadelphia
    (he might have a reference available there )
    I think Beathard was the better QB that day. That is taking nothing away from Easton's outstanding performance. Iowa lost that game due to coaching; they use Beathard more, they likely win.